The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think for PowerTrip it could be Celts out and Hallowed or TNOTB+RTTH in.
It's Maiden I really don't think they are going to alter there set for the Powertrip crowd, why would they ? They have already been paid and this is there set, tough luck if you dont like it. I've always admired them for that stance and im gonna bet no songs are swapped out to cater just for that show

It's Maiden I really don't think they are going to alter there set for the Powertrip crowd, why would they ? They have already been paid and this is there set, tough luck if you dont like it. I've always admired them for that stance and im gonna bet no songs are swapped out to cater just for that show
I think 10 million is 10 million and the Yorkshire will prevail.

Still don't expect more than 1 change.

I think 10 million is 10 million and the Yorkshire will prevail.

Still don't expect more than 1 change.
They probably just do what they did in RIR add another song to the encore, but I really cant see them swapping out songs and altering too much for that crowd at all.

I've only been able to watch a few videos, but I'd say it's a fantastic show!
The idea that they are old now and therefore have to play everything slower, I guess they didn't want to take that. Great guitar tone throughout, Bruce sounds very good, especially for a first show.
We could probably bring up the in-ear monitor discussion again, but what do we know (well, that the sound doesn't change when you open your mouth wide I do know...).
They all look fit and healthy and Bruce still likes weird pants, some things have to stay traditional too, how nice.

Yeah Bruce did it much bettter. Tempo was okay and the drums, although VERY simplified were great. I was sure that they couldn't pull that off. I was wrong, and I'm glad to be.
The choruses seemed to be where Nicko went all out on the bass drum work while keeping it simple otherwise. But Bruce? I'm pretty sure he revels in the "oh he can't do it anymore" and the "oh but Dio knew to tune down by that point" and basically exists as a singer solely because he wants to fuck with anyone doubting his ability.

Being a fan does not mean blindly adoring some of the crap the band have released over the years. Thankfully, most of their output is great. :)
You're right. I'm not particularly fond of the Blaze era myself. But I don't see anyone else here drag the band nearly as much as you do. You criticize or mock literally everything Bruce says or does. We all make jokes here and there but what you do just gets tiresome...

I think money still talks. They said this tour would be Europe only... But then...
I really dont think the promotor has said to take this gig you must play the hits. Tickets have been on sale long before Maiden started touring, and you have to buy 3 day passes . its really a package deal of 6 bands thats the selling point , they aint relying on Maiden to sell extra tickets at all, so its really not a big concern if they dont play 666 or hills . I think it stays the same.

You're right. I'm not particularly fond of the Blaze era myself. But I don't see anyone else here drag the band nearly as much as you do. You criticize or mock literally everything Bruce says or does. We all make jokes here and there but what you just gets tiresome...

Isn’t there an option to ignore the posts from a member in this board? Feel free to use it. :)

Just took a look at my prediction for the setlist back in October and I got 11 songs right (guessed 16, so 5 were wrong). Some even in the right spot! lol

I'll be gushing about this setlist for the rest of my days :D

I love this set list. Of course there’s some things I would swap in but every fan can say that about every set list.

I had tickets to Legacy last year that I could not attend for family reasons but I’d actually much rather see this show.

Not really surprising as Somewhere in Time is my favorite IM album and Senjutsu is also top 3 for me.

Nah. There are 3 scenarios for US in my opinion.

1. Leave it like it is.
2. Bring Hallowed in instead.
3. Bring RTTH and TNOTB in instead.

They wont alter there set for the US leg, it probably stay exactly the same like the 18/19 legacy tour was or even the BOS tour. Only time it tends to be altered is if they come back for a second run of shows, but even then the 2017 set mostly stayed the same still .
It was the US where we saw the infamous play more classics sign get ripped up, the band simply dont care enough to alter there sets for the casual US crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back