SAXON SURVIVOR 2012 RESULTS: Lionheart triumphant

Satisfied with the results

• Total voters
I predict the rising Axis power of Foroprowlernightstaria targets The Eagle this round.
And that would be bad. :(

I am doubting still. Dogs of War is a nice punchy song but you described the essence of Eagle pretty well in an earlier post.

edit:
Night Prowler can decide. I'll do this:
  1. Dogs of War
  2. Gothic Dreams/Unleash the Beast
  3. Metalhead

Dogs of War — no surrender, but they fall into slot number seven
7. Dogs of War
8. Dallas 1 P.M.
9. Power and the Glory
10. The Thin Red Line

Please vote for a maximum of three songs.

Dogs of War is a thumping good metal track — dramatic intro, tense couplets, powerful chorus, gripping instrumental break. This was one of the songs that got me back into music again when I discovered it in the late-'90s, after music being dull and not very important for most of the decade.

Cosmiceddie returns...
... and in all likelihood leaves Foro with an opening to knock off Metalhead.
But this game has been anything but predictable.

Metalhead forges a home in slot number six
6. Metalhead
7. Dogs of War
8. Dallas 1 P.M.
9. Power and the Glory
10. The Thin Red Line

A maximum of TWO votes now please

Damn, Metalhead was a top three song for me.

The Eagle Has Landed
The Return/Lionheart

I only like its chorus and instrumental midsection (solo and especially its rhythm guitars underneath).

Well, you're not trying to save it. No vote on Beast (or is too late already?).
Or is Beast also a top 3 song?

Three votes is enough to send a message, particularly after Eagle was threatened last round.
I rank it slightly ahead of Beast, but not enough to drag the game out in a losing cause for.

This was and will be a tough one.
Each of these songs received 16 votes in the playoffs (Unleash the Beast had nine and escapes)
If we get another tie — entirely possible given the history of our voters — Circle of Light will be eliminated because of more votes in the preliminary rounds

The Eagle Has Landed.

Even though it's more atmospheric, it is the more monotone track of the two. The melodies, darkness and sheer power of one of Saxon's most heavy songs make Circle of Light as unique as its opponent.

Back