Your two LEAST favorite Iron Maiden album A- or B-sides.

Pick two least favourite A- or B-sides!

• [b]Iron Maiden A-side[/b]: 01 Prowler 02 Remember Tomorrow 03 Running Free 04 Phantom Of The Opera

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [b]Iron Maiden B-side[/b]: 05 Transylvania 06 Strange World 07 Charlotte The Harlot 08 Iron Maiden

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • [b]Killers A-side[/b]: 01 The Ides Of March 02 Wrathchild 03 Murders In The Rue Morgue 04 Another Li

• [b]Killers B-side[/b]: 07 Killers 08 Prodigal Son 09 Purgatory 10 Drifter

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • [b]The Number of the Beast A-side[/b]: 01 Invaders 02 Children Of The Damned 03 The Prisoner 04 22 A

• [b]The Number of the Beast B-side[/b]: 05 The Number Of The Beast 06 Run To The Hills 07 Gangland 08

• [b]Piece of Mind A-side[/b]: 01 Where Eagles Dare 02 Revelations 03 Flight Of Icarus 04 Die With You

• [b]Piece of Mind B-side[/b]: 05 The Trooper 06 Still Life 07 Quest For Fire 08 Sun And Steel 09 To T

• [b]Powerslave A-side[/b]: 01 - Aces High, 02 - 2 Minutes To Midnight, 03 - Losfer Words, 04 - Flash

• [b]Powerslave B-side[/b]: 06 - Back In The Village, 07 - Powerslave, 08 - Rime Of The Ancient Marine

• [b]Somewhere in Time A-side[/b]: 01 - Caught Somewhere In Time, 02 - Wasted Years, 03 - Sea Of Madne

• [b]Somewhere in Time B-side[/b]: 05 - The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner, 06 - Stranger In A

• [b]Seventh Son of a Seventh Son A-side[/b]: 01 - Moonchild, 02 - Infinite Dreams, 03 - Can I Play Wi

• [b]Seventh Son of a Seventh Son B-side[/b]: 05 - Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son, 06 - The Prophecy, 07

• [b]No Prayer for the Dying A-side[/b]: 01 - Tailgunner, 02 - Holy Smoke, 03 - No Prayer For The Dyin

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • [b]No Prayer for the Dying B-side[/b]: 06 - The Assassin, 07 - Run Silent Run Deep, 08 - Hooks In Yo

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • [b]Fear of the Dark A-side[/b]: 01 - Be Quick Or Be Dead, 02 - From Here To Eternity, 03 - Afraid To

• [b]Fear of the Dark B-side[/b]: 07 - The Fugitive, 08 - Chains Of Misery, 09 - The Apparition, 10 -

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • [b]The X-Factor A-side[/b]: 01 - Sign Of The Cross, 02 - Lord Of The Flies, 03 - Man On The Edge, 04

• [b]The X-Factor B-side[/b]: 07 - Judgement Of Heaven, 08 - Blood On The World's Hands, 09 - The Edge

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • [b]Virtual XI A-side[/b]: 01 - Futureal, 02 - The Angel And The Gambler, 03 - Lightning Strikes Twic

• [b]Virtual XI B-side[/b]: 05 - When Two Worlds Collide, 06 - The Educated Fool, 07 - Don't Look To T

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • [b]Brave New World A-side[/b]: 01 - The Wicker Man, 02 - Ghost Of The Navigator, 03 - Brave New Worl

• [b]Brave New World B-side[/b]: 07 - The Fallen Angel, 08 - The Nomad, 09 - Out Of The Silent Planet,

• [b]Dance of Death A-side[/b]: 01 - Wildest Dreams, 02 - Rainmaker, 03 - No More Lies, 04 - Montsegur

• [b]Dance of Death B-side[/b]: 07 New Frontier 08 Paschendale 09 Face In The Sand 10 Age Of Innocence

• [b]A Matter of Life and Death A-side[/b]: 01 - Different World, 02 - These Colours Don't Run, 03 - B

• [b]A Matter of Life and Death B-side[/b]: 07 - The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg, 08 - For The Gre

• [b]The Final Frontier A-side[/b]: 01 Satellite 15... The Final Frontier 02 El Dorado 03 Mother of Me

• [b]The Final Frontier B-side[/b]: 07 Starblind 08 The Talisman 09 The Man Who Would Be King 10 When

• Total voters
Re: Your two favorite Iron Maiden album A- or B-sides.

Piece Of Mind A
A Matter Of Life And Death B

Powerslave, side B
AMOLAD, side B

I have been thinking about this poll for a while, and I think that these two sides have no weak songs whatsoever, so I consider these two sides to be pretty much perfect.

The X Factor A side

The Final Frontier B side

I had this open for a couple of weeks and now it looks like (after 23 people have cast their votes) we have a clear winner:

Most favourite album side:
1. The Final Frontier B side (7 votes)
2. Brave New World A-side (5 votes)
3. Powerslave B-side (4 votes)
3. Somewhere in Time A-side (4 votes)

Alright guys: now the other way around!

Choose your two "least favorite small collections of songs on a Maiden studio album", in other words your least favorite A- or B-sides!

Notes:
1. I have left off Sanctuary, Twilight Zone and Total Eclipse (to stay in the "retro"-sphere (with A and B sides), I am not even sure how the albums would split in the early eighties, on vinyl).
2. The last seven albums (apart from VXI) came out as double LP's which had four sides. I created A and B sides like this: A+B->A. C+D->B.
3. Check the album sides well. A certain favourite song might be on a different side than you think (it's not always 5:5)!
4. Be careful with clicking the right sides! The options look a bit messy, so select carefully!
5. Since there was some confusion last time, an extra note: Pick two sides, no matter if they are A+A, A+B or B+B.

Thanks for playing!

Fear Of The Dark B-side
+
I decided to choose Virtual XI B-side instead of Killers B-side, but those two are very close in "quality".

I will do this after I have listened to Dance of Death (it's been a while), for the daily songs topics.

No Prayer for the Dying A-side (actually forgot about NPftD B-side I would have picked that one instead)
Fear of the Dark B-side

NPFTD B-side: Two plusungood songs and one doubleplusungood cannot be compensated for by Run Silent Run Deep and Mother Russia, which are both plusgood. Uninspired and uninspiring. Meh.

FOTD B-side: It has got three good songs on there, but also two stinkers and one sub-par song.

I also considered Iron Maiden - B-side, which starts well, but doesn't keep the momentum all the way through. Transylvania is great, Strange World good, the last two are meh. Also, the B side of Virtual XI should be mentioned. The three first songs on that B side sound very much dragged out.

OK, I have already decided:

Dance of Death B-side:
Ultimate winner. I picked this because of the ever repeating and plodding Face in the Sand, the irritating lyrics (and below standard music) of New Frontier and the mwah Journeyman. The Age of Innocence I don't find that bad as most others but seriously: Paschendale can't save this side. This is not a best song poll, but a best collection of songs poll. Expect a better explanations of my dislikes in the upcoming daily song topics.

Virtual XI B-side:
Not a grade below 6, but still one of Maiden's least enjoyable collections of songs.

Any side by FOTD or NPFTD stands tall above these less inspired moments in Maiden's history.

Back