Your two LEAST favorite Iron Maiden album A- or B-sides.

Pick two least favourite A- or B-sides!

• [b]Iron Maiden A-side[/b]: 01 Prowler 02 Remember Tomorrow 03 Running Free 04 Phantom Of The Opera

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [b]Iron Maiden B-side[/b]: 05 Transylvania 06 Strange World 07 Charlotte The Harlot 08 Iron Maiden

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • [b]Killers A-side[/b]: 01 The Ides Of March 02 Wrathchild 03 Murders In The Rue Morgue 04 Another Li

• [b]Killers B-side[/b]: 07 Killers 08 Prodigal Son 09 Purgatory 10 Drifter

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • [b]The Number of the Beast A-side[/b]: 01 Invaders 02 Children Of The Damned 03 The Prisoner 04 22 A

• [b]The Number of the Beast B-side[/b]: 05 The Number Of The Beast 06 Run To The Hills 07 Gangland 08

• [b]Piece of Mind A-side[/b]: 01 Where Eagles Dare 02 Revelations 03 Flight Of Icarus 04 Die With You

• [b]Piece of Mind B-side[/b]: 05 The Trooper 06 Still Life 07 Quest For Fire 08 Sun And Steel 09 To T

• [b]Powerslave A-side[/b]: 01 - Aces High, 02 - 2 Minutes To Midnight, 03 - Losfer Words, 04 - Flash

• [b]Powerslave B-side[/b]: 06 - Back In The Village, 07 - Powerslave, 08 - Rime Of The Ancient Marine

• [b]Somewhere in Time A-side[/b]: 01 - Caught Somewhere In Time, 02 - Wasted Years, 03 - Sea Of Madne

• [b]Somewhere in Time B-side[/b]: 05 - The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner, 06 - Stranger In A

• [b]Seventh Son of a Seventh Son A-side[/b]: 01 - Moonchild, 02 - Infinite Dreams, 03 - Can I Play Wi

• [b]Seventh Son of a Seventh Son B-side[/b]: 05 - Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son, 06 - The Prophecy, 07

• [b]No Prayer for the Dying A-side[/b]: 01 - Tailgunner, 02 - Holy Smoke, 03 - No Prayer For The Dyin

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • [b]No Prayer for the Dying B-side[/b]: 06 - The Assassin, 07 - Run Silent Run Deep, 08 - Hooks In Yo

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • [b]Fear of the Dark A-side[/b]: 01 - Be Quick Or Be Dead, 02 - From Here To Eternity, 03 - Afraid To

• [b]Fear of the Dark B-side[/b]: 07 - The Fugitive, 08 - Chains Of Misery, 09 - The Apparition, 10 -

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • [b]The X-Factor A-side[/b]: 01 - Sign Of The Cross, 02 - Lord Of The Flies, 03 - Man On The Edge, 04

• [b]The X-Factor B-side[/b]: 07 - Judgement Of Heaven, 08 - Blood On The World's Hands, 09 - The Edge

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • [b]Virtual XI A-side[/b]: 01 - Futureal, 02 - The Angel And The Gambler, 03 - Lightning Strikes Twic

• [b]Virtual XI B-side[/b]: 05 - When Two Worlds Collide, 06 - The Educated Fool, 07 - Don't Look To T

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • [b]Brave New World A-side[/b]: 01 - The Wicker Man, 02 - Ghost Of The Navigator, 03 - Brave New Worl

• [b]Brave New World B-side[/b]: 07 - The Fallen Angel, 08 - The Nomad, 09 - Out Of The Silent Planet,

• [b]Dance of Death A-side[/b]: 01 - Wildest Dreams, 02 - Rainmaker, 03 - No More Lies, 04 - Montsegur

• [b]Dance of Death B-side[/b]: 07 New Frontier 08 Paschendale 09 Face In The Sand 10 Age Of Innocence

• [b]A Matter of Life and Death A-side[/b]: 01 - Different World, 02 - These Colours Don't Run, 03 - B

• [b]A Matter of Life and Death B-side[/b]: 07 - The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg, 08 - For The Gre

• [b]The Final Frontier A-side[/b]: 01 Satellite 15... The Final Frontier 02 El Dorado 03 Mother of Me

• [b]The Final Frontier B-side[/b]: 07 Starblind 08 The Talisman 09 The Man Who Would Be King 10 When

• Total voters

Forostar

Ancient Mariner
NOTE: Earlier this poll was about the most favourite album sides: see results here.
Currently this poll is about the least favourite album sides: see same post for info.

- - - - - - -

I have done a poll related to A and B-sides 5 years ago, but now we have a lot of new members, and I can add more options. So, how does this work?

Choose your two "favorite small collections of songs on a Maiden studio album", in other words your favorite A- or B-sides!

Notes:
1. I have left off Sanctuary, Twilight Zone and Total Eclipse (to stay in the "retro"-sphere (with A and B sides), I am not even sure how the albums would split in the early eighties, on vinyl).
2. The last seven albums (apart from VXI) came out as double LP's which had four sides. I created A and B sides like this: A+B->A. C+D->B.
3. Check the sides well. A certain favourite song might be on a different side than you think (it's not always 5:5)!
4. Be careful with clicking the right sides! The options look a bit messy, so select carefully!

Re: Your two favorite Iron Maiden album A- or B-sides.

Somewhere in Time - A Side
The Final Frontier - B Side

But Seventh Son of a Seventh Son B side and Brave New World A side were really close.

My choices:

SSOASS, B-side: Not only does this B-side contain four great songs, but it also works together as a unit like few other sets of four songs in the Maiden catalog. The title track is top class, The Prophecy contains some of my favourite parts and the last two rock the house down with power and great melodies. The best half of my favourite album.

Brave New World, A-side: It contains what I named my favourite "three in a row", with Ghost of the Navigator-Brave New World-Blood Brothers. The first and last song on this side are also great, and then I can forgive The Mercenary which I don't think lives up to the rest of this side. However, songs 2-4 are those who count here. Fantastic.

Other good candidates:

Powerslave, B-side: Contains two straight 10s, but Back in the Village doesn't live up to the other two. It is a good song, mind.

Somewhere in Time, B-side: Four of Maiden's most melodic songs, all of them straight 9s and two of them (Loneliness and Deja Vu) often underrated.

Piece of Mind, A-side: It just rocks so hard. Some great solos as well.

Somewhere in Time A-side
Somewhere in Time B-side

AMOLAD and BNW A-Sides :)

Somewhere In Time B-Side & The Final Frontier B-Side.

Honorable mention: AMOLAD B-Side.

TFF side B.
I didn't vote for side A because i didn't know what to choose - i doubted between SiT and TXF, both are really strong, but both contain one song that's not top quality as others...eg HCW and LOTF.

Btw, isn't the point of the whole thing to vote one A side and one B side, not two A sides or two B sides?

Just pick two sides, no matter if they are A+A, A+B or B+B.

Brave New World Side A - 5 incredible tracks in one go, including 3 in my top 25!

The Final Frontier Side B - Sure, it's new. But Starblind, the Talisman, When the Wild Wind Blows? 2 in my top 25, and one that is edging upwards currently.

Honourable mentions: The X Factor Side A, Powerslave Side B.

* Somewhere in Time B-side
* Seventh Son of a Seventh Son B-side.

With only one not so awesome song, The Prophecy, but as Wingman said, it works very well in between SSOASS and The Clairvoyant.

I'm pretty sure Phantom was on side A.

Maiden make this really tough by mixing some stinkers in with some of the best.

My votes:
Piece of Mind side A
Powerslave side B

A Side: Powerslave
B Side: Killers

The songs order on the debut album is wrong on both sides.

Habberdasher said:
I'm pretty sure Phantom was on side A.

+

Jeffmetal said:
The songs order on the debut album is wrong on both sides.

Fuck indeed. Thanks for pointing me out. Just corrected it.

A Matter Of Life And Death - A-side
Somewhere In Time - A-side

Voted for SSoaSS's A and Powerslave's B.

The B has two of Maiden's top 10 songs, maybe even top 5, so it's a top contender.
SSoaSS's A side may not be the best, but I think it has the best consistency. A string of 4 awesome songs.

Either way this will change tomorrow. Just what I feel at the moment.

Iron Maiden...A-side. I feel 17 again every time I hear this album.
AMOLAD... B-side. A very close second place...

Powerslave B
Brave New World A

12 months ago if you had of asked, Brave New World A wouldn't have even come close. But BNW has really gotten much better for me in that time. Honorable mentions go to Somewhere In Time A, SSOASS B, The X Factor A.

Well, well, The Final Frontier B-side has taken the lead.

No votes for any of the nineties albums, neither for Dance of Death.

TFF may have the best string of incredible songs ever. Arguably 10.

Back