Your Questions for an interview?!

Zederkoff

Prowler
If you had 5 questions you could ask Iron Maiden - what would they be?
We are doing an interview with the band and would like to make it count for all of you guys...

Deadline is in 6 days from now.
Bring it on friends!

I am very curious of knowing band's favorite own songs, so that's first (that got on my mind, but I would ask it last).

I'll see if I can come up with more.

Why was the cult Maiden song, Stranger In A Strange Land, removed from the Ed Huntour setlist after just a few dates?

Why doesn't the band try and rotate the setlist during the tour, like Dream Theater, for example? I mean, if a bunch of 65-year-old former drug addicts like the Rolling Stones can learn 40 of their songs and rotate them during a tour, why can't Maiden do the same? (I'm a big fan of the Stones, just stating the facts here, mind you.)

This one's got a tour spoiler, so I'll put it under the spoiler tag:
Regarding the new songs not being played on this tour: The Isle of Avalon and Starblind are excelent, but may be considered too proggressive for a general audience. However, why not play The Alchemist which is a great and fun uptempo rocker?

1: Why did you drop Paschcendale?
2:Tour Spoiler
where is Isle of Avalon?
3:Tour Spoiler
Where is Starblind?
4: When is Maiden England going to be on DVD
5: Could you bring back paschendale next time you're in Denver?  :ninja:

Wow that is very cool! Please whatever you do, DO NOT ASK the same questions that every interviewer always asks. You know the one's that go like, " How are you guys able to be so popular without radio airplay" or " What drives you guys to keep doing what you do". I'm sick of hearing those kind of questions, everyone already knows the damn answer. So heres a couple that I've always wanted answered:

1. Why hasn't Alexander the great been played live and will it ever be?

2. Will songs like seventh son, infinite dreams, Loneliness of the long distance runner, etc...ever be played again?

3. Will there ever be a tour that features songs that have never been preformed or rarely performed?

4. Will any blaze era songs that haven't been done with Bruce ever be played live?

5. Will we get another history tour? One maybe revolving around Somewhere in time & maiden England?

These are just a few I would love to have answered.  :ok:

1) In this Brave New World where a full length album is becoming a rarer bird, would you consider releasing new songs via a single or 3-4 song ep, or will all new releases be in the 75+ minute album format?

2) When you were a young band starting up, you railed against the self-indulgent, so-called dinosaur rocks groups that were on the airwaves then. Please compare and contrast your 2000s output with these so-called dinosaur bands? (this is not supposed to sound negative, I really think Maiden are different)

3) Will a live Maiden (headlining) show always consist of 16 songs, be 1:40 minutes long, with no variation, or might we someday see some flexibility in a setlist?

4) Will there be offical live releases from older tours in the future (AMOLAD tour, World Piece Tour, etc)

5) Really, why don't you ever change the setlist?

I'm very Sorry to announce that even though the Iron Maiden management contacted us to do an interview the venue has stopped the Deal due to their own Public Relations politic.

Thank you for all the input that you already have given us!
There were some really good questions among them and I'm Sorry that I won't be able to ask them anyway.

Regards...

Well that's too bad.  I would have been interested in hearing if they are ever sick and tired of their fans bitching about the set lists haha.

Ranko said:
Why was the cult Maiden song, Stranger In A Strange Land, removed from the Ed Huntour setlist after just a few dates?

Adrian's Dad died mid tour. They played a few dates without him as he went home to be with his family, and left Stranger in a Strange land out, because of Adrian's heavy involvement in it. It never made it back into the set when he came back to rejoin the tour.

Zederkoff said:
I'm very Sorry to announce that even though the Iron Maiden management contacted us to do an interview the venue has stopped the Deal due to their own Public Relations politic.

Thank you for all the input that you already have given us!
There were some really good questions among them and I'm Sorry that I won't be able to ask them anyway.

Regards...
Oh it was for real? I missed that part. That's too bad, especially when the questions would be coming from real fans instead of press who only know them for The Trooper, Run To The Hills etc.

Shame we won't get to see the results of the interview. I would have asked them to see close-up demonstrations of their musical skills: Steve's right hand, Nicko's feet, Dave's legato, etc. on footage that doesn't flick around the camera angles every nanosecond.

Ranko said:
Why doesn't the band try and rotate the setlist during the tour, like Dream Theater, for example? I mean, if a bunch of 65-year-old former drug addicts like the Rolling Stones can learn 40 of their songs and rotate them during a tour, why can't Maiden do the same? (I'm a big fan of the Stones, just stating the facts here, mind you.)

Maiden's music is more complex than the Stones' setlists, and I would guess that's a big reason why the Maiden setlists don't vary too much. The amount of musical information the band need to be able to recall and reproduce is large, and I expect they feel more comfortable knowing exactly what's coming next. I'm a Stones fan too, but I know I could do a dep gig for Ronnie or Keith tomorrow and play their songs pretty easily. I'd get bottled, for not being Ronnie or Keith, of course, but musically it wouldn't be a massive challenge. Playing a Maiden gig would be another story...

No, it's not musical complexity or memory problems. Maiden set lists really aren't that hard to learn.

The reason they don't vary set lists is mainly for the sake of avoiding problems in the show. The roadie doesn't have to wonder "Are they playing The Trooper tonight? When do I need to get the flag?". The lighting guy knows every cue, etc.

The comparison to Dream Theater is often made. Keep in mind that DT uses a projection system for their background, while Maiden still use tapestries. Further, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Maiden rig is lower-tech because that's what these guys grew up with and are comfortable with. Maiden likes having a human on the mix; most of DT's live mix is done by computer (see the Chaos in Motion DVD).

1. When is the next time Maiden will come to America?
2. Why since that Adrian Smith is back Janick Gers still plays his solo in Hallowed be thy Name?
3. When will the next reincarnation of Eddie be revealed?
4. Will a new version of Ed Hunter be released?

Dityn DJ James said:
1. When is the next time Maiden will come to America?
4. Will a new version of Ed Hunter be released?
1. Probably their tour next year. I have a friend that knows the band, and he told me they are planning to do many more US dates than this year.
4. I hope :S I have the game but I can't play it on my computer.

Too bad this is a no-go. I would've loved to know just what the hell Harris was thinking when he made "The Angel And The Gambler" so repetitive. Would also like to have known when he learned to play synth/keyboards and why he started doing all the keyboard work on the band's albums.

Speaking of synths, does anyone know how that synthy-type bass sound was created during the intro of "Satellite 15"? (that would've been another question)

Back