Your Maiden guilty pleasure

Definitely dont feel guilty about any of it Ive read hate for Innocent Exile, Another Life and Gangland. Fuckin love 'em all. I agree Donner, Gangland is a better tune for NOTB than Total Eclipse. Total Eclipse sounds like it might have fitted better on Piece of Mind. Maybe.

Im a fan of Run Silent Run Deep. Does that count?

No. I dig that song. Hell I'm a sucker for No Prayer.

I've got one for you - the Apparition. Most Maiden fans think I'm from another planet when I mention that one, but I love it.

I don't love it but as bad as most of that album is, I never really saw the big deal with The Apparition. There's way worse on there.

And I'm on #TeamGangland too. Total Eclipse is good, yes, but i love Gangland's speed and chorus

Totally. Eclipse just doesn't fit on there. The album just loses momentum if it's included (for instance on remaster). Gangland just rocks
Oh yeah, I also love Invaders :clap:

Mine would be No Prayer For The Dying, the song. I'm not the biggest fan of NPFTD, the album, but I love that tune.

Oh yeah, and Prodigal Son.

Last edited:
Totally. Eclipse just doesn't fit on there. The album just loses momentum if it's included (for instance on remaster). Gangland just rocks
Oh yeah, I also love Invaders :clap:
Yeah. Gangland is better. And yes, Invaders is a great song. Can't say that I feel guilty for liking those songs though. It's still Maiden after all.

I've got one for you - the Apparition. Most Maiden fans think I'm from another planet when I mention that one, but I love it.

The Apparition is my favourite song on my least favourite album. It contains two superb solos by Janick and doesn't bother with a chorus which is a good thing on an album in which most choruses are terrible.

And why would the ghost of a dying man want to sing a chorus anyway?

I have always been a fan of Gangland...however I do prefer Total Eclipse (one of my favorite Maiden tracks).

Invaders I love the intro and verses... but LOATHE the chorus.

Always loved title track to NPFTD.

Indeed. Such a waste of an amazing intro and pretty alright verses on (probably) the worst chorus they've ever recorded.

In college, I was in a dark crowded lecture hall for a world history class that featured a lecture on the vikings that were constantly referenced as invaders. Every time the professor took a pause to get some water, someone would yell out in their best Dickinson impersonation LOOTING/ PILLAGING etc.... It was epic (several Maiden fans in that class taking the piss out of the prof). So even though that chorus is cheese, I have an affinity for it because of that memory.

Invaders and The Alchemist aren't guilty pleasures, just woefully underrated.
My guilty pleasure is From Here to Eternity.
Oh so cheesy, oh so fun

In college, I was in a dark crowded lecture hall for a world history class that featured a lecture on the vikings that were constantly referenced as invaders. Every time the professor took a pause to get some water, someone would yell out in their best Dickinson impersonation LOOTING/ PILLAGING etc.... It was epic (several Maiden fans in that class taking the piss out of the prof). So even though that chorus is cheese, I have an affinity for it because of that memory.

What kind of college did you go to where multiple people had such enthusiasm for Iron Maiden in the same class?! Pretty cool school.

Back