Your Maiden guilty pleasure

Chico State University (State College in Northern California - about three hours north of San Francisco). The Maiden fans were students from Europe (two Brits and Spaniard). The US students had a "WTF?" moment. The professor was a bit hard of hearing so he was confused in general. We had a good laugh afterwards.

I thought it was awesome, because until then, I felt like the only Maiden fan for hundreds of miles...the 90s, especially the mid-late 90s, were a dark time to be a Maiden fan in my area! This was around 2000 right after BNW was released...

Don't Look To The Eyes Of A Stranger and pretty much anything except the title track from Fear of the Dark.

I love Tailgunner and Run silent Run Deep from No Prayer.

Tailgunner doesn't get much hate but I've never come across anyone else particularly likes Run Silent bar me !
Well, I like "Run Silent Run Deep" a lot. Apparently, elements of it are from the rejected songs that Bruce had brought for Somewhere in Time. I don't get why it was not played live (possibly the chorus was a bit of a stretch vocally).

Back