Your Maiden blasphemy

Number of the Beast is an absolutely classic metal album, and no where near the top of Maiden albums at the same time. I prefer every album after Beast except NPFTD, FOTF, and VXI.
I prefer the albums that come before Beast and after Beast except FOTD, VXI, BNW and DOD.
Yes, I like NPFTD more than Beast atm. Should I look for help?

The Great Unknown has the best chorus from the reunion era.

Not sure how I personally feel about it when compared to other bigger choruses of the "reunion era", but I definitely agree that it's a good one! Overall, The Great Unknown is just another in the long list of good modern Maiden songs that would sound so much better with more dynamic production and a couple of additional, alternate takes, twists and whatnot. While I feel that The Book of Souls sounds, in many ways, a bit better than TFF, The Great Unknown is definitely hindered by the production and recording approach there. The verses could easily sound a lot heavier, dynamic and more powerful. The chorus could easily soar much more and the transitions would feel much more aggressive with just a little bit of polishing.

But as it is, it's Maiden... and while I've taken these kinds of things to my complaint repertoire, I'm also a bit fond of their style of doing things. As often stated, it - very annoyingly - leaves a lot to be desired and you know and can easily hear that it wouldn't even be that hard to make those small improvements... but if nothing else, there's some odd charm in their stubborn, unpolished and honest way of doing things. Something very direct. And alive.

Not that I wouldn't want different approach, but nonetheless, there's some charm in it. Very, annoying love/hate charm, but it's there.

Then again, it may very well be that I've just accepted that it's not going to change and just trying to make the most positive out of it. :D

Unpopular Opinions:
1. The studio version of Fear Of The Dark is better than any live version (The crowd ruins it when they sing along).
2. Killers is the greatest record that Iron Maiden recorded.
3. I like Sun and Steal a lot.
4. Virtual XI is better than The X Factor.
5. Somewhere In Time is the second weakest album in the classic era (Ahead of Iron Maiden (1980)).
6. Twilight Zone is the second best track on Killers (Aside from Purgatory)
7. The Trooper is not good when it's played live.
8. Rime Of The Ancient Mariner and Two Minutes To Midnight are overrated.
9. Killers is better than Iron Maiden (1980) in every way.
10. Knowing that The Mercenary was originally written for Virtual XI, I would be interested in hearing a version with Blaze Bayley on lead vocals.

Unpopular Opinions:
1. Powerslave and Number of the Beast are great albums but overrated.
2. Iron Maiden, Killers and Piece of Mind are underrated albums
3. Quest for Fire is not as bad as some make it out to be.
4. Piece of Mind, Somewhere in Time and Killers are the top 3 Maiden Albums

Unpopular Opinions:
1. Powerslave and Number of the Beast are great albums but overrated.
2. Iron Maiden, Killers and Piece of Mind are underrated albums
3. Quest for Fire is not as bad as some make it out to be.
4. Piece of Mind, Somewhere in Time and Killers are the top 3 Maiden Albums
Where do you see 7th Son?

Unpopular Opinions:
1. The studio version of Fear Of The Dark is better than any live version (The crowd ruins it when they sing along).
2. Killers is the greatest record that Iron Maiden recorded.
3. I like Sun and Steal a lot.
4. Virtual XI is better than The X Factor.
5. Somewhere In Time is the second weakest album in the classic era (Ahead of Iron Maiden (1980)).
6. Twilight Zone is the second best track on Killers (Aside from Purgatory)
7. The Trooper is not good when it's played live.
8. Rime Of The Ancient Mariner and Two Minutes To Midnight are overrated.
9. Killers is better than Iron Maiden (1980) in every way.
10. Knowing that The Mercenary was originally written for Virtual XI, I would be interested in hearing a version with Blaze Bayley on lead vocals.

SIT second weakest.... Twilight Zone second best.... Trooper not good live... yep, totally unpopular.

Not to mention 1, 2 and 8...

As blasphemous as I can be (but its the truth):

7th Son is not in my top 10 Maiden albums list

(love Moonchild and the Title Track too - both are in my Top 25 Maiden songs of all time)
I can completely understand why you dislike Seventh Son. It is my 4th favorite Maiden album, but it is so different from everything else and has a few synth power ballads. Also, Can I Play With Madness, The Clairvoyant, and The Evil That Men Do are very pop-sounding songs to me.

Killers is in a 4-way tie for greatest Iron Maiden album ever.

Twilight Zone is the 3rd best track on Killers (after Purgatory and Murders in the Rue Morgue) -barely edging out the Title Track and Another Life

Killers is in a 4-way tie for greatest Iron Maiden album ever.

Twilight Zone is the 3rd best track on Killers (after Purgatory and Murders in the Rue Morgue) -barely edging out the Title Track and Another Life

twilight zone didn’t even make the cut for the killers album. Yeah it was on the US version but as it was never on the U.K. version (until the 98 remasters) I’ve never considered it a part of that album.

great track though.

Back