Your Maiden blasphemy

I was thinking more that there might be heavy "studio manipulation" involved in the crowd noise on LAD
Yep, at the end of the LAD I had a feeling I was watching it with french fries being deep fried next to me. Stretching it throughout the gig completely killed the momentum.

I hate writing this because I love Iron Maiden and their music, which has helped me get through some very difficult times in my life.

By withholding their new album and continuing the Lega$y of the Bea$t tour into 2021, Iron Maiden now serves Money more than they serve Music.

This is so sad to me. How much money do these guys need? They already have enough for multiple lifetimes, and the revenue stream will continue probably indefinitely. I hope they prove me wrong.

I hate writing this because I love Iron Maiden and their music, which has helped me get through some very difficult times in my life.

By withholding their new album and continuing the Lega$y of the Bea$t tour into 2021, Iron Maiden now serves Money more than they serve Music.

This is so sad to me. How much money do these guys need? They already have enough for multiple lifetimes, and the revenue stream will continue probably indefinitely. I hope they prove me wrong.

I kind of see your point, but another point raised quite many times here around this topic is still valid: people have tickets for LEGACY show. Promoters booked them to do a LEGACY show. They sold the product and still try to deliver it as marketed and promised. I see your frustration, but then again, they were indeed planning rather busy 2021 with new album and all. It's just the current global situation that fucked everything rather badly. Given the circumstances and how lucky we've been with Maiden for a long time, things could still be much worse.

I totally get that it's looking like a cabaret thing, but if nothing terrible happens, these things are still absolutely certain:

We WILL get a new Maiden album, most likely next year. Yeah, it was supposed to come out after this year's Legacy run (regardless if it was planned for late 2020 or early '21 release).

Iron Maiden WILL tour in the future.

Those two things are definitely, with all of their frustrating aspects too, fucking great to have in this world.

Last edited:
Is there really much more money in LOTB than there would be in a new album and accompanying tour?

Pretty sure Maiden decided to serve money more than music when they signed to a major label.

I think that Number of the Beast and Powerslave as albums are overrated. I would prefer to have one album with songs from both of them.

Iron Maiden is their worst album.

Brave new world is just ok, any other album from reunion era is far better.

Back