Your Maiden blasphemy

I am curious how Moonchild could ever be overrated? By who? I know of only 3 tours it was played on, two of them being Maiden England and Maiden England 2012/13.

I am curious how Moonchild could ever be overrated? By who? I know of only 3 tours it was played on, two of them being Maiden England and Maiden England 2012/13.
That's true. By overrated I mean that it's IMO not as good as most fans say. It's definitely not overplayed live though.

Live After Death sucks; among Maiden's live releases, it is only better than A Real Live/Dead One and Donington.
I don't think any Maiden live album sucks, but this one is one I probably listen to the least. Partially because Maiden has so many more albums than the first five and partially because I never realized how strained Bruce sounds compared to later live releases. En Vivo, Rio, DoTR, those are probably my favorites.

Live After Death only "sucks" in retrospect, when we have so many great Maiden live albums to choose from. For a long time, LAD was the only live Maiden we had (except for Maiden Japan EP). I listened to it a million times, loved it, knew every note of it by heart.

I rarely listen to it anymore. I prefer 21st century Maiden live albums now; they're all great, and I like the 3-guitar sound much better. But I still love LAD for what it meant to me for a long time.

Live After Death only "sucks" in retrospect, when we have so many great Maiden live albums to choose from. For a long time, LAD was the only live Maiden we had (except for Maiden Japan EP). I listened to it a million times, loved it, knew every note of it by heart.

I rarely listen to it anymore. I prefer 21st century Maiden live albums now; they're all great, and I like the 3-guitar sound much better. But I still love LAD for what it meant to me for a long time.
Pretty much exactly where I stand on the issue.

Also, not sure if this is "blasphemy" but I find I usually far prefer Maiden's post reunion/2000 output to their 80s "classic" albums. I don't believe that Maiden has a single bad album, including 90s/Blaze/Paul stuff, but I feel like they've been on a constant upward trend since Brave New World.

Aye, well put, pretty similar to how I see it. Watching the LAD VHS is probably my first Maiden memory, 6 years old, marauding around the living room with a hurling stick for a bass or guitar, foot up on any 'monitor' I could find and trying to hold the "loooooooooow" in Hallowed. Fine memories but the last time I listened to it I didn't enjoy it, Bruce's performance and the thin guitars being a problem. Although I will say that I appreciate the editing more than the more recent efforts. I suppose it deserves another rattle, one last time for the sweet souvenir.

The Fallen Angel: Among my BNW favourites, but it seems to me most fans don't think it's anything special.
Fear of the Dark: Not a bad song as such, just average stufff - I find it puzzling that it seems to be such a huge fans' favourite.

Furthermore, I think Virtual XI sucks from start to finish, Invaders isn't that bad, and the No Prayer for the Dying album is pretty good stuff.

Is this regarded as a blasphemy or is it just a commonly held opinion?

A dislike of Virtual XI is hardly a blasphemy, no - but quite a few people still seem to rate it to some point. In my opinion, thought, it is markedly weaker than say Fear of the Dark, No Prayer for the Dying or X-factor.

Back