Your Maiden blasphemy

I think you'll find that this opinion (which is erroneously stated as fact) is not in the majority.
Sure, but are you aware that this is the blasphemy thread? I guess not.

It's funny that I can post this same opinion 10 times here and always get the same shocked reactions.

Sure, but are you aware that this is the blasphemy thread? I guess not.
I don't care about your opinions, I care about the way you phrase them. I went through this same thing with @Diesel 11. You can have all the opinions you want - phrase them as opinions. When you state them as fact, it gets people going and leads to bad blood.

I'm not shocked, nor do I see many shocked reactions. I don't think anyone really cares that much if you have bad taste.
You seem to care enough to comment on this subject. If you opened your eyes a bit more, you could see a shocked reaction right there below my post. I'm sure there'll be more of those once time passes. Also, taste is subjective. It's not like yours is any better than mine, regardless of what you often seem to think.

I don't care about your opinions, I care about the way you phrase them. I went through this same thing with @Diesel 11. You can have all the opinions you want - phrase them as opinions. When you state them as fact, it gets people going and leads to bad blood.
I understand your point, but I thought it'd be obvious to others that I'm only stating my personal opinion when I post something to a thread about only personal opinions.

Rime isn't even a top 3 song on Powerslave and Powerslave is barely in the top 10 of Maidens albums.

I noticed that we pretty much have the same taste about which songs we like, probably the only song where we are not on the same opinion is ROTAM... and ''Moonchild'' (I remember you don't like this song much, or I'm wrong?). Also, I putted a ''wow'' reaction because of the ROATM not because Powerslave album is barely in the top 10 of Maiden albums (according to my ranking, the album is at #10... right on the edge, haha) - but the album is epochal among the fans and the critics, I also like it a lot (especially the 4 immortal classics), but I happened to like other albums (as a whole albums) more. But your comment is in the right thread. ;)

I noticed that we pretty much have the same taste about which songs we like, probably the only song where we are not on a same opinion is ROTAM... and ''Moonchild'' (I remember you don't like this song much, or I'm wrong?). Also, I putted a ''wow'' reaction because of the ROATM not because Powerslave album is barely in the top 10 of Maiden albums (according to my ranking, the album is at #10... right on the edge, haha) - but the album is epochal among the fans and the critics, I also like it a lot (especially the 4 immortal classics), but I happened to like other albums (as a whole albums) more. But your comment is in the right thread. ;)
That's correct. You know, I've noticed the exact same thing about the songs we like too. :)

The problem I have with Rime is mostly the quiet middle section. I don't like it at all and it drags the song's rating down to an 8. Otherwise it's a great song, but somewhat overlong. Powerslave suffers massively from having Back in the Village and Losfer Words, both of which are very near to my bottom 5-10 Maiden songs

That's correct. You know, I've noticed the exact same thing about the songs we like too. :)

:cheers:
The problem I have with Rime is mostly the quiet middle section. I don't like it at all and it drags the song's rating down to an 8. Otherwise it's a great song, but somewhat overlong. Powerslave suffers massively from having Back in the Village and Losfer Words, both of which are very near to my bottom 5-10 Maiden songs

I think the album only suffers from the inclusion of Losfer Words (Big 'Orra). I like ROTAM from start to finish, everything is perfect in it - for example, I think the middle section in ROTAM is amazing and the middle section of SSOASS is not so great, especially compared it to the one in ROTAM - maybe that will be blasphemy for someone, idk.

Curious to why you don't like ''Moonchild'' ?

I think you should lead with this next time, might make your posts in here come across as less "factual". :ok:

Curious to why you don't like ''Moonchild'' ?
This is my old post in the Moonchild thread. There's some exaggeration, but I still agree with the main points.
I can't decide which song I dislike more, Moonchild or Prodigal Son. Prodigal Son is un-Maiden in all the wrong ways and boring. Moonchild is just incredibly annoying and THE most overrated Iron Maiden song. The intro is great. Verses have weird lyrics, which I really dislike. Bruce is using some awful Ronnie James Dio parody-voice, and it sounds like he's trying to fuck up the song on purpose. The chorus is somehow even worse. Bruce's singing in the chorus is some of the most infuriating things I've heard in a metal song. The instrumental work is really good in the song, thank God. Fortunately, the Flight 666 live version exists, since Bruce sounds a lot more tolerable there.

Back