Your Maiden blasphemy

I’ve been listening to Silicon more and more lately and I’m starting to think it might actually be better than Infinite Entanglement. Rich sound, great singing, excellent production, amazing lyrics...

I listened to it maybe a year ago and there wasn't a single good song on the album.
I wouldn’t totally agree with this, but it’s not far off. Massively overrated album. It has two songs that both heavily rip off “Man On The Edge”, the songwriting is largely “meh”, and Blaze misses notes left and right.

Andy Sneap produced it, so everything sounds great in that respect, and it was still a step up from Virtual XI, but otherwise I don’t understand the love that this album gets. To me it’s clearly the worst of Blaze’s listenable solo albums (The King Of Metal is so awful that it’s in its own class entirely).

Strange World is the only good mellow song on the first two albums. Remember Tomorrow sucks and Prodigal Son is weak.

Here's a very random blasphemy I just discovered listening to isolated guitar tracks: the riff under the solo in Infinite Dreams is so good it should've been made into its own song. Fuck, it's better than more than a few main riffs on Seventh Son.

Here's a very random blasphemy I just discovered listening to isolated guitar tracks: the riff under the solo in Infinite Dreams is so good it should've been made into its own song. Fuck, it's better than more than a few main riffs on Seventh Son.

There was some great ones during the period SIT to FOTD, others that spring to mind CSIT, HCW, The Assassin and The Fugitive. There's more on other tracks too that don't spring to mind.

Strange World is the only good mellow song on the first two albums. Remember Tomorrow sucks and Prodigal Son is weak.
meIqc2E.gif

Last edited:
Stop. You know very well that those back-to-back Davey solos on Prodigal Son are the highlight of Killers!

Back