Your Maiden blasphemy

I find it easier to rank my 8 least favorite Maiden albums than it is to rank my 8 most favorite. DoD stands as the only post-reunion album on that lower 8 list.

8 least favorite:

#9 SiT
#10 SSoaSS
#11 DoD
#12 Killers
#13 FotD
#14 NPftD
#15 tXF
#16 VXI
Looks good. I would replace SiT and SSOASS with TNOTB and Powerslave.

Which of these is the bigger blasphemy?
1. Moonchild being my least favorite Maiden song
2. Rime getting only 8/10 from me

Here’s a new blasphemy: every Blaze Bayley solo album, with the exception of The King Of Metal and Silicon Messiah, is better than both of the albums Blaze did with Iron Maiden.

Here’s a new blasphemy: every Blaze Bayley solo album, with the exception of The King Of Metal and Silicon Messiah, is better than both of the albums Blaze did with Iron Maiden.

I'm with you half of the way - every Blaze solo album, including Silicon, but still with the exception of The King of Metal, is better than Virtual XI. The X Factor, however, is another matter.

I'm with you half of the way - every Blaze solo album, including Silicon, but still with the exception of The King of Metal, is better than Virtual XI. The X Factor, however, is another matter.
The way you say it sounds as if Silicon Messiah was weak. Which is the biggest blasphemy here.

Blasphemy?

I would have loved if maiden continued what they did on "Prodigal Son" (and "Strange World" to some extent) on their following albums.
A big fan of the softer and proggy elements on that song, it has a unique contrast to the rest of the maiden songs.

Blasphemy?

I would have loved if maiden continued what they did on "Prodigal Son" (and "Strange World" to some extent) on their following albums.
A big fan of the softer and proggy elements on that song, it has a unique contrast to the rest of the maiden songs.

Please no. This is not the Maiden style. These two songs fit the early albums well and that's it. A song like Journeyman is way better for a albums with Bruce and fits the band style better than the aforementioned songs IMO.

However, I started to like Strange World more, but Prodigal Son is the worst Maiden song.

Back