Your Maiden blasphemy

I don't quite like the Losfer Words (Big 'Orra) instrumental - it is ok, but maybe for a bonus song or as a B-side.

Instead of it, I think one power ballad would have worked very well on the Powerslave album...

Last edited:
I don't quite like the Losfer Words (Big 'Orra) instrumental - it is ok, but maybe for a bonus song or as a B-side.

Instead of it, I think one power ballad would have worked very well on the Powerslave album...

I truly think this is what Powerslave misses.

Aces High
2 Minutes To Midnight
Children Of The Damned/Revelations/Infinite Dreams - type song
Flash of the Blade
The Duellists
Back in the Village
Powerslave
Rime Of The Ancient Mariner

This would give the album that extra dimension for me.

Powerslave's "ballad" parts are the acoustic part of the title track and the bass part of Rime of the Ancient Mariner. It's such a lovely tune that Nicko has been known to insert his body into a swimming pool when played live. If a pool is not in reach, he's also been known to sit there.

Why not ?
Powerslave is perfect the way it is. :ninja:

I know you are a big fan of the album @Diesel 11 , me too - one of the best Maiden albums, but an instrumental on album is unnecessary with a singer like Bruce and they even played an instrumental, Transylvania on the last Bruce tour/concert in 1993, but for me Transylvania is the best Maiden instrumental ! Ides Of March is a great intro and I like the speed and the rhythm change on Genghis Khan.

Ok, maybe not a power ballad, but a typical Maiden song like FOI or like Revelations and COTD would have worked very well and could had become a classic. :)

Last edited:
I get your point of view, but I think “Losfer Words” is great because it kinda lets you enter the album itself without any lyrics to guide you outright.

Back