Your favorite track from AMOLAD?

Your favorite track from AMOLAD?

• Total voters
I am surprised that These Colours Don't Run is doing so poorly. It would have been my second pick after Longest Day.

I'm sure I remember a game where Colours wasn't so popular and it was one of the first eliminated.

It's also one of my misheard lyrics earworms. "We fly a flag in South Florida."

AMOLAD was the first new album to come out after I became a fan, so the whole album has a very special place in my heart, but if I had to pick one it's gotta be Breeg! The song was released on iTunes right before I went on vacation with my family that summer, and I spent an inordinate amount of time that week listening to it over and over on my little iPod mini - imagining how great the new album was going to be, and wondering if I'd ever get a chance to witness the mighty Maiden live (sadly I missed the AMOLAD tour, but I saw them in 2008... and my wish for live AMOLAD material finally came true in 2010 and 2018/19).

AMOLAD was my first new album as well. I wonder if that's one of the reasons it's my favourite.
Might be, and the fact that it is an extremely well composed Iron Maiden album, where the closest thing you come to a filler is The Pilgrim, a very good song in its own right. AMOLAD is consistent to a degree most Maiden album aren't (not that most have fillers. Many just don't reach this almost perfect level of consistency) . There are only a handful of albums Maiden have released where all the songs just work flawlessly as an entirety and on the level as individual songs.

Last edited:
AMOLAD was my first new album as well. I wonder if that's one of the reasons it's my favourite.

Probably not.

No Prayer for the Dying was my first new album. Rest assured it brings good memories but it is definitely not my favourite!

No Prayer For The Dying was my first new album aswell and I have nice memories of those times as went to the record store to buy it, I had listened to them few years earlier though.

Dance of Death was my first new album, but AMOLAD was the first one where I really got involved in the anticipation and release build-up. Good times.

My first new album after becoming a fan was virtual xi but I really wasn't as hyped as for brave new world

Back