Yet ANOTHER best of - From Fear To Eternity

clivetiger

Prowler
Hello all - new here but I just heard about this one and thought you all might like to as well....or not!

2-CD - This release will also be available as a 3LP limited edition pic disc vinyl.

DISC 1 (CD FORMAT)

1.                            The Wicker Man 4.36

2.                            Holy Smoke 3.49

3.                            El Dorado    6:49

4.                            Paschendale 8.28

5.                            Different World 4.19

6.                            Man on the Edge (LIVE) 4.40

7.                            The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg 7.22

8.                            Blood Brothers 7.14

9.                            Rainmaker 3.49

10.                          Sign of the Cross (LIVE) 10.49

11.                          Brave New World 6.19

12.                          Fear of the Dark (Live) 7.41

DISC TWO (CD FORMAT)

1.                            Be Quick or Be Dead 3.24

2.                            Tailgunner 4.17

3.                            No More Lies 7.22

4.                            Coming Home    5:52

5.                            The Clansman (Live) 9.06

6.                            For the Greater Good of God 9.25

7.                            These Colours Don’t Run 6.52

8.                            Bring Your Daughter...To The Slaughter 4.44

9.                            Afraid to Shoot Strangers 6.57

10.                          Dance of Death 8.36

11.                          When The Wild Wind Blows    11.02

LP

VINYL DISC 1, SIDE A

1.      The Wicker Man 4.36

2.      Holy Smoke 3.49

3.      El Dorado 6:49         

4.      Paschendale 8.28

VINYL DISC 1, SIDE B

1.      Different World 4.19

2.      Man On The Edge* 4.40

3.      The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg 7.22

4.      Blood Brothers 7.14

5.      Rainmaker 3.49

VINYL DISC 2, SIDE A

1.      Sign of the Cross* 10.49

2.      Brave New World 6.19

3.      Fear Of The Dark* 7.41

4.      Be Quick Or Be Dead 3.24

VINYL DISC 2, SIDE B

1.      Tailgunner 4.15

2.      No More Lies 7.22

3.      Coming Home 5.52

4.      The Clansman* 9.06

VINYL DISC 3, SIDE A

1.      For the Greater Good of God 9.25

2.      These Colours Don't Run 6.52

3.      Bring Your Daughter... To The Slaughter 4.44

VINYL DISC 3, SIDE B

1.      Afraid to Shoot Strangers 6.57

2.      Dance of Death 8.36

3.      When the Wild Wind Blows 11.02

Mega said:
And you are?

Sorry to jump in without introducing myself - just a Maiden fan who happens to work in a record shop and saw this news in a company mailout. Thought it'd be nice to share!

I don't think there will be a tour for this one.

Of course, I'd go to that tour in a fucking heartbeat.

Oh holy shit this is real?
Sounds great! I'm not sure about the cover, but the song list is awesome.

This looks like a sequel to the SBIT compilation.

EDIT: I'm sorry, clivetiger, but I tend to take first posts like this with a grain of salt.

Great, real news though, so welcome aboard!

The cover art is cool but I can't help thinking that best ofs are incredibly irrelevant.  Why not at least a live album or an exclusive song for fans?  This smacks of "we want to release something in 2011 but not a DVD or anything, hey let's do another best of that includes songs that aren't even 6 months old yet".

Mega said:
EDIT: I'm sorry, clivetiger, but I tend to take first posts like this with a grain of salt.

Great, real news though, so welcome aboard!

No problem - I was as surprised as anyone to hear about this. The news was strictly embargoed until 5 o clock here but I wanted to get it in quick. I've lurked here quite a bit over the years so I know how much you all love this kind of news.

Now to sit back and watch you all dissect the track selection!

I have one HUGE problem with this tracklist. Let's see if anyone else can figure out what that problem is.

LooseCannon said:
I have one HUGE problem with this tracklist. Let's see if anyone else can figure out what that problem is.

All Blaze era songs are sung by Bruce (from 'Rock In Rio')...

Cosmiceddie said:
All Blaze era songs are sung by Bruce (from 'Rock In Rio')...

Except Man on the Edge. I'm sure it's sung by Bruce, which is good*, but it couldn't be from Rock in Rio.

* Not that I don't like Blaze. But this is a version that hasn't been released on a CD before. I wish the entire album could have been new live versions of the songs. When will it get released?

Poto said:
Except Man on the Edge. I'm sure it's sung by Bruce, which is good*, but it couldn't be from Rock in Rio.

* Not that I don't like Blaze. But this is a version that hasn't been released on a CD before. I wish the entire album could have been new live versions of the songs. When will it get released?

It must be the b-side of the 'Wicker Man' single.

Cosmiceddie said:
It must be the b-side of the 'Wicker Man' single.

Probably. I've never heard that version. I think I haven't, and I'm sure lots of fans haven't heard it. So it almost makes this a good release.

Poto said:
Probably. I've never heard that version. I think I haven't, and I'm sure lots of fans haven't heard it. So it almost makes this a good release.

There's also a live version of 'Futureal' on that single, both were recorded during the 'Ed Hunter' tour in 1999.

This is the first compilation in which Maiden has completely "Blaze-washed" their songs from the late 1990s. I think that it's a terrible act.

Donner said:
The cover art is cool but I can't help thinking that best ofs are incredibly irrelevant.  Why not at least a live album or an exclusive song for fans?  This smacks of "we want to release something in 2011 but not a DVD or anything, hey let's do another best of that includes songs that aren't even 6 months old yet".

I agree. These things are usually made to attract new fans. That's how I got into many bands, bought a best of, then went out and started getting the albums. For the fans that have the albums this is just stupid.

I also noticed many blaze songs were "live"... I don't think it is that big of a deal since the albums are still available with Blaze on vocals. Not to mention Bruce is part of the current line-up.

Rod has already issued something I would call a preemptive statement, saying that this is for the new fans only. :D

Yeah, it's a shame they ignored Blaze's vocals, they are an equally good part of Maiden's history.

Anyway, Rod's statement:

As you will have read from our press release (click here to read), this latest Best Of CD selection is aimed primarily at Maiden's ever-growing army of new fans. As we travel round the World touring we find ourselves continually and pleasantly surprised at the number of new young fans who are coming to the shows . So, as with Somewhere Back In Time, this compilation is an introduction to these guys and others, of Maiden's recording history. SBIT was a single album with 15 tracks covering the first 10 years, 1980-1990, and seven studio albums. This compilation covers a similar number of albums (8 in fact), but as many of the tracks from this era are of a  much longer duration, we felt we needed more space. So we have made it a double album set, however we'll be keeping the price the same as a  single album would be. In this later period many songs were getting generally longer and more complex so this gave us room to include epics like When the Wild Wind Blows, Paschendale,  For The Greater Good Of God and Sign of the Cross to name but a few.

As before, we are conscious of giving value for money  so we have crammed a total of 23 songs onto the compilation, with a total playing time of just over 2 ½ hours, which is all we can get onto 2 discs! We also know that many of you enjoy collecting all the various Eddie artworks, so we will, as with previous compilations of this nature, ensure that the front and back CD artwork is made available free to you to print, closer to the album's release date. Keep checking the website for full details of when the art will be available to download.

The Final Frontier World Tour 2011 is well underway now, and, as you all know, sadly the 2 shows in Tokyo were cancelled due to the tragic and catastrophic current circumstances in Japan, with Ed Force One being diverted to Nagoya just prior to its landing in Tokyo. Now we're on our way to Mexico and South America, where we'll be filming the shows in Argentina and Chile for a DVD release later this year. More details to follow about that soon.  We finish this leg with a show in Puerto Rico and two shows in Florida after which the band will have a well-earned rest for a few weeks before we resume the tour a lot closer to home in Europe, rounding off with the UK Arena tour. This tour has been a very special one for the band, not least because of the opportunity to play to fans in countries we'd never visited before: Singapore, Indonesia and Korea. As Steve remarked  "The tour has been amazing so far and we've been overwhelmed by the reaction from our fans everywhere. We are now on our way to Mexico and South America which the whole band is very excited about!  We really enjoy playing there as the fans are so passionate and we always feel a huge responsibility to put on the best show we possibly can for them. For this tour we have a great set list, a brand new stage show, and of course Eddie!. This leg of the tour ends with two shows in Florida in April, , then we'll be taking a short break before a series of Summer headline Festival and Stadium shows in Europe, finishing up with our first UK Arena tour in many years. It's a great way to round off what has been an incredible time for Maiden these last few years. We are really looking forward to seeing all our loyal fans again and welcoming all the new ones!"

And on behalf of myself and the rest of the band too, we very much look forward to seeing you when we land in a city near you!

All the best,
Rod

Back