Yet ANOTHER best of - From Fear To Eternity

I don't care for best ofs at all, I like to hear albums as they were meant to be.

Same goes for Maiden, but I may get this and some others just because I love Maiden.

Ranko said:
Rod has already issued something I would call a preemptive statement, saying that this is for the new fans only. :D

New fans are supposed to pick up the album with the coolest cover or title, that's the proper way to get into a band.

I like Rod's statement, it's exactly what it is: new-fan service.

Still, a double album sounds wicked cool. I think I'll get this one just for the hell of it.

Of course. But I have to admit that this cover is pretty cool, I like the references to the various songs/albums: The Wicker Man, Dance of Death, AMOLAD, the VXI "souls" (just to the left of the Wicker Man), what I would assume to be the grave cover from NPFTD down left, Benjamin Breeg's earring etc.

Don't wanna be negative, but if they tour with this, because it will take so long - I think it will mark the end of maiden!  :(

New fans bought compilation CDs in 1995.  Kids getting into Maiden download their entire discography or use youtube.  This is apparently for them but the target audience really seems to be the obsessive Maiden collector.

I'll defend lots of what Maiden does but this one I just can't.  Terrible.

The selection of the songs is much, much better than the one of 2008's Somewhere Back In Time. However, I'd take anyway No Prayer For The Dying/Public Enema Number One/Fates Warning over Tailgunner any day and Montsegur vs. No More Lies.

On a side note, I would have loved to see Futureal (live) making that list.

At least he confirmed a forthcoming DVD.  I would imagine that's really what the fans want, I know I do.

Usually I'm not interested in Best Of albums.I only got Best Of the Beast.
What I really like about this one is the artwork.I loved it from the first moment and I think it's easily the best they've done in many years.  :edmetal:
The song selection is pretty good.I was hoping for some new(hidden so far) live versions of songs but it's ok the way it is.

I suppose this could end up being what the next tour is based on.  I also find it interesting that the 3 Blaze songs are live, I assume sung by Bruce

Wow what an artwork for this one ! I liked it so much, the name of the album is great too. Great list but there are bad selections.

Whilst I think it's a little unfair to leave Blaze out and just use the Bruce-fronted live versions..it isn't entirely unexpected or inconsistent, they did the same with Paul Di'anno's stuff on the SBIT album....think i'll be geting this for completion purposes, nothing more

not a big fan of this release atall. The cover arts pretty cool and thats about where it ends.
I think the song list could be a heck of a lot better and yes blaze should definitely feature. The songs are in a really unexpected order and pretty unimaginative, i mean it seems like they just took the songs and pulled them out of a hat and then took care that blaze versions werent involved. And now for my biggest problem...
Somewhere back in time 1980-1990... now 1990-2010, really should have been two seperate best of's with each having its respective tour. each era is completely different and should be represented seperately. Another wasted compilation possibility.

Still might buy it though  :lol:

I love the new Eddie! Other than that, another pointless best of. Hopefully it's leading up to the next history tour though.

Hmmmm, I wonder who chose the track listing because I think of a best of as a compilation of singles.

From Fear to Eternity.

What's that supposed to mean anyway?

Seriously, could the name sound any dumber?

I like the track listing and the cover. In fact I really like the cover. And we all knew that there was going to be a best of this year.

Shadow said:
From Fear to Eternity.

What's that supposed to mean anyway?

Seriously, could the name sound any dumber?

I've been thinking about that as well. I mean, both songs are on the same album, this isn't even a clever pun.

Maybe if it was, I dunno, from fear to frontierity.

..That sucked.

Back