Yes/no Thinking Game

I have a very contrived theory to this "blind" man's integrity...
He is not visually impared, rather a man who fits blinds to block out the sun on people's windows, ie a blind man.

(You told us to think outside the box [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /])

Does the seagull meat represent something in his past?

Was the blind man advanced in age?

Had he been to the restaurant before?

Had he ever had seagull before?

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]Had someone given him albatross meat, telling him it was seagull meat? (Because, as we all know, sailors are quite superstitious about albatrosses.)[/quote]
No, but you're very close.
[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]

Did the man lose his sight on a boat?[/quote]
Yes.

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]I have a very contrived theory to this "blind" man's integrity...
He is not visually impared, rather a man who fits blinds to block out the sun on people's windows, ie a blind man.
[/quote]
No....and I would like to live in your world for like 5 minutes. You seem to have fun there.

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Does the seagull meat represent something in his past?
[/quote]
Yes.

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]Was the blind man advanced in age?[/quote]
Irrelevant

Had he been to the restaurant before?[/quote]
Irrelevant.

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]Had he ever had seagull before?[/quote]
No.

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]Was he....oh screw it, i give up. [/quote]
Loser. Adrian Smith never gives up.

Did he choose to eat seagull meat as his last meal as part of a ritual tradition?

Did he really wanted seagull?? or did he just picked something he had never eaten before???

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--] Did he really wanted seagull?? or did he just picked something he had never eaten before???[/quote]
Yes. He really wanted to specifically try seagull. It's not a yes-no question when you have two options like that.

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--] Did he choose to eat seagull meat as his last meal as part of a ritual tradition?[/quote]
No.

This is all so funny when you already know the answer. Carry on boys and girls

Having figured it out last night and checked with the Duke to confirm my findings, I withdraw from this particular question.

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]Had a seagull been the cause of his blindness? [/quote]
No

Was he told that eating seagull meat would cure his blindness?

Did it help?

Did he regain his sight at some point from when you described him as blind to the point he took his own life?

If so, did he see something that spooked him into been suicidal?

If not, did he take his life because of his blindness?

Do we need to know a little something about old sailors customs or their equivalent of "old wives tales" to answer this question?

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]Was he told that eating seagull meat would cure his blindness?[/quote]
No

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]Did it help?[/quote]
No

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]Did he regain his sight at some point from when you described him as blind to the point he took his own life?[/quote]
No

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]If so, did he see something that spooked him into been suicidal?[/quote]
No

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]If not, did he take his life because of his blindness?[/quote]
Yes, indirectly

Do we need to know a little something about old sailors customs or their equivalent of "old wives tales" to answer this question?[/quote]
No

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]Was he a retard?[/quote]
No

Was he given something in his recent past and told it was seagull meat. Found out by eating the seagull meat that he had not eaten it before but had eaten a meat that was poisonous/toxic. Subsequently, he took his life as the poisonous meat would have killed him anyway - and possibly violently?

Had he not been blind, he may have realised that the meat was a poisonous meat and not eaten it and maybe the meat was of a similar smell to raw seagull meat so he may not of been able to tell the difference.

[!--quoteo(post=131863:date=Mar 13 2006, 04:55 PM:name=ARealDead1)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(ARealDead1 @ Mar 13 2006, 04:55 PM) [snapback]131863[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Was he given something in his recent past and told it was seagull meat. Found out by eating the seagull meat that he had not eaten it before but had eaten a meat that was poisonous/toxic. Subsequently, he took his life as the poisonous meat would have killed him anyway - and possibly violently?

Had he not been blind, he may have realised that the meat was a poisonous meat and not eaten it and maybe the meat was of a similar smell to raw seagull meat so he may not of been able to tell the difference.
[/quote]

You pretty much got it! Good job, mate.

Here's the complete story I was going for:

The man, not yet blind, and two friends went out on a boat to catch some fish. A storm struck - the man was blinded and one friend was killed with flying debris. The surrvivors were adrift at sea for many days. The non-blind man told the blind man that he had killed a seagull and they could dine on it until they were rescued, but it was really the corpse of the dead friend. The blind man was suspicious, so when they were rescued he decided t figure out what he really ate.
He ordered the seagull meat in the restaurant, sampled it, realised that he had eaten his friend, and committed suicide because of the guilt involved.

Oh dear. My intuition was once again quicker than my brains... [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":(\" border=\"0\" alt=\"sad.gif\" /]

A man is captured and thrown into a cell with no doors and no windows. He is supposed to be put on trial the next day. But when the guards come to "march him out to the courtyard", they find him gone. How is this possible?

1. Did he actually escape?

2. If so, does his escape have to do with the quality of the environment, that is the cell itself?

My first thought is that, if there are no doors or windows, the man couldn't get into the cell in the first place! [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /]

Hmmm. They could have walled him in, but maybe you're right [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"smile.gif\" /]

Back