Yes/no Thinking Game

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]Well, did he eat his seagull friend, or something?[/quote]
Nope. He ate a random seagull.
[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]

he was a seagull himself?[/quote]
No, as stated in the original information, he was a man.

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]Was it the first time he went to that restaurent?[/quote]
Irrelevant

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]His mother is a seagull?[/quote]
No, as stated in the original information, he was a man.

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]Because these are pretty much one-liners, shouldn't this topic be in the Madness forum?[/quote]
No, and we should try to be a bit more serious. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /]

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]Was the sea-gull his guide bird and he was lost without it?[/quote]
No. It was a random sea gull

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]Had he eaten seagull meat before?[/quote]
No (this is very important to solving the puzzle)

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]Did the man literally walk into the restaurunt? Like into the building?[/quote]
Smartass ::

Was tasting a seagull the last thing he wanted to do before ending his life?

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]Did he liked it?[/quote]
Irrelevant

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]Was tasting a seagull the last thing he wanted to do before ending his life?[/quote]
No, but only on a technicality. Very good question.

Here's what we know so far:

(1) He ate the seagul to find out if he had eaten it before.
(2) It turns out he hadn't.
(3) He then walks outside and kills himself.

Hmmm....
I fee like asking: "why did he think he had eaten seagul before?" but that's not a yes/no question. So how about this one:

Since he though he had eaten seagul before, was this because of a one-time event (i.e. he once had a meal which he thought was seagul meat) or was it an on going sort of thing (i.e. he grew up in a village where they regularly ate what they thought was seagul meat)?

I'd have several questions:

- Was the man born blind?
- Was he actually served seagull meat?
- Was he a sailor?
- Was the restaurant by the coast?

The fact that he asked for raw meat bugs me too...

Maybe he didn't kill himself... he helped somebody else commit suicide?

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]Since he though he had eaten seagul before, was this because of a one-time event (i.e. he once had a meal which he thought was seagul meat) or was it an on going sort of thing (i.e. he grew up in a village where they regularly ate what they thought was seagul meat)?[/quote]
Yes, it was a one time event.

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]Does the restaurant regularly serve seagull meat?[/quote]
Irrelevant.

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]- Was the man born blind?[/quote]
No.

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]- Was he actually served seagull meat?[/quote]
Yes.

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]- Was he a sailor?[/quote]
Yes.

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]- Was the restaurant by the coast?[/quote]
Yes.
[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Maybe he didn't kill himself... he helped somebody else commit suicide?[/quote]
Umm, no. He killed himself.

Did the blind man simply wish to die by the coast, and the taste of the seagull reminded him of his location?

[!--quoteo(post=130443:date=Mar 2 2006, 11:43 PM:name=LooseCannon)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(LooseCannon @ Mar 2 2006, 11:43 PM) [snapback]130443[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Did the blind man simply wish to die by the coast, and the taste of the seagull reminded him of his location?
[/quote]
No.

Did he ordered seagull because he thought it was the last food he has seen?

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]Is IronDuke a prick? [/quote]
Yes.

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]Did he ordered seagull because he thought it was the last food he has seen?[/quote]
If by "seen" you mean "eaten", then yes.

Hmm, maybe I should just let this thread die, but let me try a little longer...

To recap again, here's what we know:

(1) At some point in his life, the man ate what he thought was seagull meat.
(2) He walked into this restaurant by the shore and ordered seagull meat in order to verify the belief that he had, in fact, eaten seagull meat before.
(3) It turns out he was wrong, and had never eaten seagull meat.
(4) Upon learning this, he walks outside and kills himself.

Erm, ok, here's my next questions: did the man know (or come to know) what it was that he ate thinking it was seagull meat? I mean, once he learned that it wasn't seagull meat after all, did he also somehow figure out what it actually had been? And if so, is that why he killed himself or am I barking up the wrong tree?

is it important that he ate was a seagull , or could this seagull be anything eatable?

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--] did the man know (or come to know) what it was that he ate thinking it was seagull meat?[/quote]
Yes

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]did the man know (or come to know) what it was that he ate thinking it was seagull meat?[/quote]
Yes, the fact that it was sea gull is important

Had someone given him albatross meat, telling him it was seagull meat? (Because, as we all know, sailors are quite superstitious about albatrosses.)

"Of course you don't getting fucking wafers with it you GREAT MUSICIAN. It's a fucking albatross isn't it. "

EDIT: What I mean is had someone given it to him in the past, not then in the restaurant.

Back