Wrathchild

How good is Wrathchild on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
czgibson said:
7/10

This is a strong song, but it's one that I do get sick of hearing. I think Maiden play it a lot because it's easy.
I think they play it alot because it's a hugely energetic classic song that everybody knows.

Not saying its bad, but not sure how this became the most played from this album. Killers, Rue Morgue, Innocent Exile and if you wanna go to the instrumentals Genghis Khan and Ides all better.

I love this song, it has a great bassline, and is a great rocker, but I always thought Paul Di'Anno was out of place singing it

I don't enjoy it as much as I used to. Just sounds kind of boring to me and that iconic chorus, while being catchy, eventually starts to grate on you. Overplayed. Really like the bass intro though, and looking at it objectively it's decent.

5/10

Maiden's definitive anthem imo. Vicious lyrics, a vicious rhythm, an anthem of a chorus. Not to mention the driving bass and kickass drums. Paul's voice doesn't match the passion of the song, but then again he never really has worked for me. 10/10

The best song on the album. Very fun and in your face. I love it. I would love to see this live as the first song of the set following Ides of March.

10/10

Cool song! Very punchy and to the point! Really good live song, even if it's overplayed. Like I said, great energy in this one, and I see this as Killers version of Prowler.

7/10

A really fun rocker, with a great chorus and some spectacular bass work. Steve is all over the place on the early material and it's awesome.
Di'anno delivers an ear shattering scream and performs well. Although, I don't think I'm alone when saying Bruce does this song much better.

7/10

I must have heard this song a thousand times. It's nearly always included in sets and best of's.
9/10

For a long time I've been down on this one, thinking it overplayed. Then a couple of weeks ago, I busted out the bassline for the first time in years, and remembered how much fun this song is. Nonetheless, over the years many other songs on Killers have overshadowed this one for me. 7/10

Good tempo, would have been a good choice for an opener, and I always find it fits in nicely into the regular live rotation. Among the stronger Di'Anno tracks.

7/10

RTC's Maiden Ranking:
1: Phantom Of The Opera: 9/10
2: Remember Tomorrow: 8/10
3: Wrathchild: 7/10
4: Transylvania: 7/10
5: Strange World: 6/10
6: Sanctuary: 6/10
7: Prowler: 6/10
8: Iron Maiden: 5/10
9: Charlotte The Harlot: 5/10
10: Running Free: 4/10
11: The Ides Of March: 2/10

One of the things I really like about this album is the bass. I don't Iron Maiden ever captured the same bass sound that this one had.

First song to use this awesome sound is Wrathchild. And well...it's a groovy classic. I always like it when it comes on in my playlist and since it's so short I can almost always enjoy it because it never does get boring. s

In short, it's simply great and I really like that scream in the middle. The solos are nice, too.

9/10!

First thing you hear on Wrathchild is the far, far superior production of this album and the beautiful lead guitar of Adrian Smith. This song is heavy as shit, and slams into the listener. It's a very good short opener for Iron Maiden - but it isn't quite complete.

The lyrics remain somewhat juvenile, for example, the song rushes to get to the end, and there isn't so much as a complex bit to the music. It's a good song though. Is it great? Probably not. 7/10.

8/10. Love this one. Very heavy! The like what Steve does with the bass and I like the little mini guitar solos preceding each verse.

10/10

Still a concert staple to this day, Wrathchild is a bass-driven rock stomp with Paul Di’Anno promising in a drunken snarl that he’s comin’ to get you. The band is firing on all cylinders here. Apparently H added the guitar fills after each line in the chorus and is thus single-handedly responsible for making Wrathchild unforgettable.

Back