Worst Possible Setlist

Of course hearing songs less played live is great. I think all can agree. And we've gotten selists featuring them recently: ff, amolad. To me the ' history' setlists are like a bonus. Those tours in between the album tours, that feature the greatest hits. It's not like a waste of a concert or re-run as some are making them out to be. I view sbit and Maiden eng. more like the greatest gift available in the world of music. I think maiden has mixed the two vey very well. My guess is this next tour will feature 4-5 brand new songs, a couple reunion era tunes and maybe 7 staples. In addition a deeper cut or 2 from the past. The 'hits' tours are always advertised as just what they are. Then, when the tour is supporting a new album, we get deeper cuts and new songs along with a few staples, a perfect mix. No problem.

Weekend Warrior (Derek Smalls Inspired Jazz Odyssey Live Version: 80 mins)

--------Encore--------

Quest for Fire
Quest for Fire
Quest for Fire

Then, when the tour is supporting a new album, we get deeper cuts

A few months late but I just saw this. In case anybody believed it, here's the truth: Iron Maiden has never brought a song back on a later tour if that song didn't get played on the original album tour. Their live repertoire never gets "deeper". It expands with new albums, but remains shallow as it always was.

I don't think that's what he meant. More like "deep cuts" as opposed to "staples", i.e. something like Children of the Damned or Afraid to Shoot Strangers that makes an appearance once in a blue moon.

I don't think that's what he meant. More like "deep cuts" as opposed to "staples", i.e. something like Children of the Damned or Afraid to Shoot Strangers that makes an appearance once in a blue moon.
Thanks perun . You are correct sir.

For some reason I really disliked the setlist during death on the Road. It just did not cut it for me.

Weekend Warrior
Weekend Warrior (Derek Smalls Inspired Jazz Odyssey Live Version: 80 mins)

--------Encore--------

Quest for Fire
Quest for Fire
Quest for Fire

Not far from this, except I'd have Don't Look To The Eyes Of A Stranger and The Apparition as my encore. Sun And Steel is worse than QfF imo.

Yah I'm not a blaze era fan.. At all! But lord of the flies is cool as hell. Bruce added another dimension. That song is a rocker and one of the best of that entire decade no matter the lineup. Would not mind lotf creeping back into the setlist...

Back