Worst/Best Maiden Lyrics

Just one song ? ups, sorrry, i skipped this You can put up to five in each category.

Worst: The Unbeliever (bad taste lyrics). When Two Worlds Collide, Hooks In You (Worst H song), Another Life, Age of Innocence.

Best: Rime of the Ancient Mariner (Coleridge wrote this one, as far as i know...  ::)) . Revelations, The Trooper, Paschendale, Infinite Dreams.

Fear of the Dark's lyrics are bad ? that's a first.

bornless1 said:
"E equals MC squared you can relate, how we made god with our hands."  what is wrong with these lyrics man?

Don't get me wrong, I love the song. Along with most of the album I think it's up there among Maiden's best in years. But given that "E=mc[sup]2[/sup]" was born of the special theory of relativity, saying "you can relate" is pretty darn cheesy.

bornless1 said:
"E equals MC squared you can relate, how we made god with our hands."  what is wrong with these lyrics man?  This song rocks and the lyrics are right on and clever. Its a dark, eerie,  yet historical rendering about  the atom bomb and its horrible aftermath.  Not cheesy. Anything can look and sound strange when taken out of context.
   Compare this to "dream on sisters I hope you find the one."  That is  indefensible.   Please.  This thread has brought out some of the worst in some good Maiden Fans.

Did your brother told you to keep on dreaming and you're still dreaming of the one? Is that line so traumatic to ya, lady? I can be your ONE, if you like. :bigsmile:

"E=MC² you can relate how we made god with our hands" is utterly brilliant.

I don't think brilliant and cheesy are mutually exclusive. I just sometimes find myself shaking my head at that one word. Who knows, could well be my flaw rather than the lyrics.

I think Maiden's lyrics should be all about chicks and sex. Adrian is pretty good at that, let him write all the lyrics. H!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stan said:
I think Maiden's lyrics should be all about chicks and sex. Adrian is pretty good at that, let him write all the lyrics. H!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I kind of agree.  Go back to writing about what you were good at writing about on the first few albums: whores.

I read through this whole thread waiting for Weekend Warrior to show up.  Can't believe it took until page 3...

Alexander the Great's lyrics aren't necessarilly bad, the verses are just not the least bit musical.
  Maybe they would make a good Harry Rollins spoken word piece...

What about this line from "Only the good die young"

Measure your coffin does it measure up to your lust?

Is it about suicide ?

Totally agree on weekend warrior.  'What you gonna do..on Monday?'  Holy crap. I  skip that song every time.
"When you can't find the words to say..it's hard to make it through another day" Adrian's perfect song, Wasted Years..gotta be top 5 lyrically. Every line of that tune is gold..

Also, I'm sick of the war and religion Maiden keep talking about. What's with Steve anyway?

Yeah I know, but why write a shit load of songs about it... It's as if he just keeps running out of ideas. It's the same concept over and over.

7thson said:
What about this line from "Only the good die young"

Measure your coffin does it measure up to your lust?

Is it about suicide ?

I always thought of that one as referring to people who are so greedy that nothing will ever satisfy their lust, they would do anything to get more (of whatever it is that they crave) and they will continue to be like that until they die. Something like "Is your lifetime enough to satisfy your lust?"

Suicidehummer said:
Yeah, all their shittiest songs are about war and religion anyway...

Paschendale? The Trooper? Where Eagles Dare? Aces High? Brighter Than A Thousand Suns? I think you are sadly mistaken awesomely sarcastic.

Rotam said:
Just one song ? ups, sorrry, i skipped this You can put up to five in each category.

Worst: The Unbeliever (bad taste lyrics). When Two Worlds Collide, Hooks In You (Worst H song), Another Life, Age of Innocence.

Best: Rime of the Ancient Mariner (Coleridge wrote this one, as far as i know...  ::)) . Revelations, The Trooper, Paschendale, Infinite Dreams.

Fear of the Dark's lyrics are bad ? that's a first.
Fear of the Dark has a great intro lyrics wise, but after that it becomes melodramatic and cheesy

Back