Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Great Unknown

• The Book of Souls

• Tears of a Clown

• Total voters
My dad used to think that Maiden's 21st century output (except for Brave New World and, upon release, The Book of Souls) was shit. He particularly despised A Matter of Life and Death, claiming that the songs were repetitive and it went on for too long. He took some time off of Maiden, and only recently got around to give the entire discography another listen. Now, the only Maiden album he despises (but still admits has some pretty great moments) is Virtual XI.

My dad used to think that Maiden's 21st century output (except for Brave New World and, upon release, The Book of Souls) was shit. He particularly despised A Matter of Life and Death, claiming that the songs were repetitive and it went on for too long. He took some time off of Maiden, and only recently got around to give the entire discography another listen. Now, the only Maiden album he despises (but still admits has some pretty great moments) is Virtual XI.
Oh, and he likes "The Apparition". Thinks it's cool. :ok:

Well buddy, at least we ain’t talkin’ ‘bout the Di’Anno era. One would have to vote for at least fifteen songs to weed out the shit there!

Why do you bring DiAnno into this reunion era poll? Goin for the cheap shot aye, ya limp pimp.
But since you mention it, I (not you) prefer every single DiAnno era song to any of these. Not that it matters, buddy

About half of my Maiden top 10 is made up of 21st century songs. I've got "Empire of the Clouds", "The Red and the Black", "Starblind", "Brighter Than a Thousand Suns", and maybe "The Legacy" in there.

Four long poor songs, what's the problem?
Yeah, “Blood Brothers” isn’t all that great, and “Empire Of The Clouds” is bloated and overrated, though I still think that one has a lot going for it.

FTGGOG and WTWWB are fantastic, though — not sure what you’re smoking there.

Speaking of bloated and not all that great, what do you think of this version...?

Back