Worldwide album sales

Bruce saying something inaccurate on stage? There’s a twist!

I suppose we also shouldn’t take him seriously when he says they’ll play ATG in Greece someday. :mad:

I suppose we also shouldn’t take him seriously when he says they’ll play ATG in Greece someday. :mad:

really starting to believe maybe they rehearsed alexander and when Hallowed lawsuit was cleared, they decided to bring it back instead.... I noticed on the tour shirts they don't have SIT Eddie on the glass anymore.... except the one that was released before the tour....

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really starting to believe maybe they rehearsed alexander and when Hallowed lawsuit was cleared, they decided to bring it back instead.... I noticed on the tour shirts they don't have SIT Eddie on the glass anymore.... except the one that was released before the tour....

The SIT Eddie on the glasses was, if I remember correctly, the SBIT artwork from 2009. ;)

Last edited:

To be fair, whenever he says something about attendance and record sales he is probably quoting figures from Rod that might not be far from the real ones in most cases.

According to the RIAA, the following Iron Maiden albums have gone gold (500K) or platinum (1M) in the USA:

Killers: Gold
The Number Of The Beast: Platinum
Piece Of Mind: Platinum
Powerslave: Platinum
Live After Death: Platinum
Somewhere In Time: Platinum
Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son: Gold
No Prayer For The Dying: Gold

I just don't believe that The Number of the Beast went only one Platinum in the USA to this day. I think that album sold at least two million copies there. We should take into account that RIAA certification for NOTB is from 1986, it was nearly 33 years ago. RIAA obviously didn't re-certify Maiden albums and numbers about sales could be inaccurate.

RIAA cerificate index isn't correct. Many times before they haven't updated a lot of certificate numbers. Rod and many journalists (incl. M. Wall) state SiT was 2 x Platinum in the Stades (in fact they're right) but there's nothing to prove it. FotD just trespassed 450k sales in the States.

I really doubt TBOS sold over 500k in the US (gold). Only a couple albums go platinum a year here.
Are double albums still counted as two album sales (500 000 to get platinum, 250 000 to get gold)? I think they did long time ago?

RIAA cerificate index isn't correct. Many times before they haven't updated a lot of certificate numbers. Rod and many journalists (incl. M. Wall) state SiT was 2 x Platinum in the Stades (in fact they're right) but there's nothing to prove it. FotD just trespassed 450k sales in the States.
I also think they must have passed double platinum for a couple of their albums. And the debut and Fear of the dark must be gold by now?

Back