Worldwide album sales

Discussion in 'Maiden Chat' started by ManinIronMask, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Shavasku

Shavasku Educated Fool

The X Factor is a masterpiece compared to No Prayer For The Dying. Unpopular opinion?

2. Zare

Zare Automaton Sovietico

I'd say yes.

Shavasku likes this.
  3. I'd say wrong thread.

4. Niall Kielt

Niall Kielt Pulled Her At The Bottle Top

Ike ike ike

5. Number 6

Number 6 Ancient Mariner

I don't think so, at least not around here.

6. Diesel 11

Diesel 11 As you scream into the web of silence...

I'm with Perun on this one. The X Factor is a masterpiece compared to every album ever.

7. Ziggyplayedguitar

Ziggyplayedguitar Educated Fool

The only song I like on TXF is SOTC. But the production blows away NPFTD.

8. SirRobbins

SirRobbins Ancient Mariner

Metallica has an estimated 110 million WW sales. Estimated around 30-40 million in the states... almost 20 million of those are The Black Album alone lolololol

9. SirRobbins

Bruce seems to have stated The Book of Souls went platinum in the USA which means it has sold in excess of 1 million copies. I'll be adjusting the list to reflect

Here are the changes..

Dance of Death … 1,165,000
    A Matter of Life and Death … 1,401,000
    The Book of Souls … 1,728, 046

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  10. Ruflux

Ruflux Ancient Mariner

11. SirRobbins

These numbers are World wide sales. RIAA is only tracking USA sales

12. Ruflux

Ruflux Ancient Mariner

I was referring to the comment about TBOS going platinum in the US, which definitely hasn't happened.

13. SirRobbins

Bruce made the claim in a concert video that they informed him TBOS went platinum in the usa

14. Ruflux

Ruflux Ancient Mariner

Weird. I'm very suspicious of that claim because comparatively few albums go platinum in the US these days, and Maiden hasn't been a big album seller since the 80s (and even then other artists sold far more), and the RIAA database seems to be otherwise up to date. So I'm unsure where that could've come from.

15. Mosh

Mosh The years just pass like trains Staff Member

I really doubt TBOS sold over 500k in the US (gold). Only a couple albums go platinum a year here.

16. SirRobbins

again, based solely on Bruce's claims..... I have tracked "officially" 466,152 copies sold outside the USA and 320,800 in the USA for a total of confirmed by records total of 786,952 and that was closing tracking from the end of 2016. Nothing found from 2017 and 2018 sales

17. Why is Bruce being held up as a reliable source here, SirRobbins?

18. Mosh

Mosh The years just pass like trains Staff Member

Well just use basic logic. The album sold 320k in its first year. For it to go platinum in 2017 it would need to sell more than twice as much in one year alone. That doesn't make any sense.

19. SirRobbins

I'll be tracking digital downloads soon as well as singles sold from iTunes. I've got to go and adjust a few DVD sales I found recently that had little to no information

20. GhostofCain

GhostofCain Ancient Mariner

Link, please.