Wildest Dreams

How good is Wildest Dreams on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
Maiden have many openers that are much better than this song, such as... Be Quick Or Be Dead, Aces High, Invaders, Where Eagles Dare, The Wicker Man. Wildest Dreams is an ok song, I give it 6/10.

'Wildest Dreams' is so completely fantastic!

(Sorry, new here, so, just now finding this thread.)

This song is wonderful and I used to cry while listening to Bruce on this. So new, so fresh.
Knowing that they were into this album as much as me was also a "cry" factor.

Awesome single for this song as well.
Great artwork with 'Top Hat Eddie'.
Very excellent bonus/b-side track in 'Pass The Jam'.
((The title is great since it basically a very organized "jam" session.))

Excellent lyrics in 'Wildest Dreams' too!  :ok:

One of the very best opening tracks ever along such greats as 'Aces High' & 'The Wicker Man'.

Having just read through the comments in this thread, I can very safely say that I'm in a huge minority who actually loves this song. I also prefer it to the overrated "The Wicker Man", which I've always found a fairly dull opener which is only rescued by a great H solo and an inspired outro. "Wildest Dreams" is a far more energetic song making it a perfect opener, and the lyrics are pretty inspiring I have to say... can't see why they've attracted so much hate here! The solo by H is awesome, and overall, I love the energy, and drive of this song. I certainly wouldn't be averse to them putting this in future setlists, and I'd certainly be letting loose if they play it at a future Maiden concert that I attend!

A final point, I disagree with a lot here who feel "Rainmaker" would be a better opener on "Dance Of Death". It is a fantastic song, and even better than "Wildest Dreams", but it doesn't have the feel of an opener. I think it's perfectly placed as the second song. :)

Right now its my no. 1 song but I decided to be fair and give it a 9/10 its not the best on the album but it is my favorite atm I feel like I can relate to it when it says "I'm going to organize some changes in my life, I'm going to excorcise the demons of my past" because sometimes I feel everything in my mind is going to drive me crazy I need to go on a ride in the car or a walk outside to sort of clear my mind.

Bland and boring song from one of the worst Maiden albums ever. They got this formula right on the next album with Different World, which I love.

5/10

I don't care whether music is commercial /meant for the radio or not, because all music is good as long as it sounds good...but let's be serious here, this is so blatantly cheesy and a waste of time. H's solo barely rescues it, and the motivating lyrics make it fun.

Super cool opening. Love Nicko's drumming on this one (that fill that repeats through the song is awesome). The solo and especially the breakdown after the solo is the best part of the song, without a doubt. Too bad the chorus is rather weak - or this would have been a 9.

One of the bands weaker opener. Feels a little uninspired and the riffs are not that good. Bruces delivery is also weaker then usual.
The best part of the song is the solo and the breakdown, those are on the other hand powerful! But one of the more fillery tracks on the album.

6/10

My least favourite from this album, and to me the only track that feels like an add-on. Musically it's not in character with the rest, and the first line is particularly weak. It's just nondescript above all, I wouldn't say it was bad.

So apparently there's an HD Tracks remaster of this album. I'm listening to it now, sounds like they just turned down the volume. Still sounds muddy and horribly distorted.

This song is a bit generic, but I like it. Great guitar solo from H and I really like the soft bridge and choruses. I think it's mostly the verses and lyrics that are mundane. It's another Maiden opener that serves the purpose of an energetic opener but doesn't have much value beyond that (Aces High, Futureal, etc).

Nicko's single bass drum is insane at the end.

Not too bad, generic, inoffensive, good for radio play. A perfect example of a 6.

Poor for an opener this. Very bland and not even a catchy chorus to redeem it. I do actually really like the short bridge after the solo though.

5/10

Wildest Dreams is the first in a group of reoccurring new “rocker” songs that tend to clutter these reunion albums. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it, it’s upbeat, fun, tuneful, and has a great Adrian Smith solo, but lacks uniqueness. It has a chordal main riff and some solid soaring vocals. The lyrics deal with moving forward and breaking away from something, truly generic stuff. The best part of the song is the rhythm section breakdown and build-up before the final chorus. It sounds like a song written to be a single instead of a remarkable song that ended up being a single. Meh.

A bit uninspired, but even that isn't bad by Maiden standards. The solo and the part that follows is the best part of the song. It sounds better live.

7/10

Very good opener, kicks off the album on a very strong note. Though not quite as good as some of Maiden's strongest openers ("Moonchild", "Aces High", "Be Quick Or Be Dead"), it's very catchy (particularly the chorus) and gets the job very well done. Excellent choice for a lead single (even though I think "Rainmaker" would've been an even better one). 8.

Back