1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why has Bruce disregarded his past in Samson?

Discussion in 'Maiden Chat' started by Thunderstick Lives!, Oct 18, 2011.

1. LooseCannon

LooseCannon Yorktown-class aircraft carrier Staff Member

I didn't think so. I thought he sounded more on point than in at least three Maiden albums!

2. Ian Sane

Ian Sane Invader

Shock Tactics needs a re-issue on CD, it's not the easiest album to get hold of now.

3. Perun

Perun Cheesemäster Staff Member

Yeah, he didn't really deliver on Virtual XI.

4. LooseCannon

LooseCannon Yorktown-class aircraft carrier Staff Member

He was my second-least favourite member on that album, after Dennis Stratton.

5. Perun

Perun Cheesemäster Staff Member

The only real Maiden was with Dennis Wil(l)co(c)k(s)/x.

6. Legatodave

Legatodave Nomad

Why did bruce drop the brucebruce name??!
    better than just one bruce i think

7. Magnus

Magnus Ancient Mariner

I can't believe nobody paid attention to this post.
    Thank you so much Cried, I never knew ancients believed bees to spontaneously generate in carcasses.

CriedWhenBrucieLeft likes this.
  8. Navigators Ghost

Navigators Ghost Ancient Mariner

I wouldnt say Bruce disregards Samson - I really enjoyed the parts of his book around the time he was with them but in the grand scheme of time in his life it is almost a footnote compared to what has happened since in my eyes. Samson were at their best with Bruce as much as I think Maiden are at their best with Bruce - but in all honesty and with all respect Bruce was a cut above Samson.

9. Well let’s not forget he totally disregarded Maiden in 1993 and was positively embarrassed to be associated with all things metal. Cutting his hair and saying he liked Sting albums.

Thankfully he changed his mind a few years later.

Perhaps he just doesn’t see much merit in the Sampson output? To be honest he wrote a fair bit about them in his book. But it was mostly about drunken shenanigans.

10. CriedWhenBrucieLeft

CriedWhenBrucieLeft Ancient Mariner

:lol:

11. jazz from hell

jazz from hell Ancient Mariner

He didn't say that, did he?

12. CriedWhenBrucieLeft

CriedWhenBrucieLeft Ancient Mariner

I'm kinda hoping he did.

13. JudasMyGuide

JudasMyGuide Domini canis

He might have meant the Police ones... :innocent:

14. Yeah he did but it was The Soul Cages, sadly.

15. Thunderstick Lives!

Thunderstick Lives! GRAND SAMSONITE

I can easily see him saying those things.

If so, then he's totally blind like Daredevil. Not only SAMSON made great records, they also discovered him, nurtured him and put him on the map.

"drunken shenanigans" - great name for a new NWOBNM band. LOL. Not for an old NWOBHM legend which died with its creator in 2002.

16. jazz from hell

jazz from hell Ancient Mariner

I found it:
    https://books.google.ch/books?id=mGPADAAAQBAJ&pg=PT152&lpg=PT152&dq=sting+soul+cages+bruce+dickinson&source=bl&ots=zqPEeV8DHV&sig=jEBSlD2m01EIcYIDB9FGAP_ivko&hl=de&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjtsvW_1obYAhVGJMAKHaLPB0QQ6AEIVDAL#v=onepage&q=sting soul cages bruce dickinson&f=false

According to this, he was also into raves...

Edit: How do I post a 'hidden' link to click on (because this one looks terrible)?

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017