Which songs should be played live?

The Stranger said:
Would you explain why you think Coming Home is crap please? I mean it's not the best song they've ever written but it's at least average.

Reminds me of Out of the Shadows and Wasting Love: the singing style is cheesy on a ballad, the lyrics are trite, and it's musically uninteresting.  To be fair, these songs are not as bad as Weekend Warrior, but they're still unlistenable.

Yeah, they didn't actually break the mold when they made WL, OOTS and CH, but CH is definitely the best out of those ballads.

I think one of the main reasons the tour will only continue next year is because some songs are quite complex to memorize, specially for Bruce, and they're gathering info on which songs we consider to be the best on the album so they can put together a more well rounded set list.

I can't see Starblind being played. The Alchemist, Coming Home, ED, TFF, and The Talisman for sure. The Talisman is designed to rock on stage.

I'd only want them to do Starblind if they can knock it out of the fucking park. I mean...way the fuck out.

I'm saying that if you write a song that good, you should only play it if you can do it justice. Same way I feel about Paschendale. If you're not going to do it right, don't try.

LooseCannon said:
I'm saying that if you write a song that good, you should only play it if you can do it justice. Same way I feel about Paschendale. If you're not going to do it right, don't try.

I don'think they will be able to do it justice live. Its not a sing along kind of song. It will be difficult to get the audience going on that song.

Starblind that is.

The thing is with TFF album, there are a number of songs that don't have a lot of sing along parts. Isle Of Avalon, The Talisman, and WTWWB are 3, but I still think they would be AMAZING live.

Jonszat said:
Technically Hallowed doesn't really have a sing along part. But it's been played forever.

It has very very memorable lyrics. starblinds and most of avalons are quite complicated. mother of mercy would work well.

Well, this singalong parts is bullshit. I know virtually every single Maiden lyrics, so I will sing all along.

Jeffmetal said:
Well, this singalong parts is bullshit. I know virtually every single Maiden lyrics, so I will sing all along.

yeah so do I but maiden know there will be a lot of people who havnt heard the new album. If its got a chorus that people can hear once and remember it then its easier to get more crowd participation.

I received a kick just beacuse I know every Maiden lyrics?  :uhm:

Pfff... what a fag act.
fag.gif

Back