Which songs should be played live?

Lampwick 43

Barstool Warrior
Seeing as many people have listened to the album now I thought this would be a good idea for a thread. I personally haven't had the chance to listen to it all yet, I've been pretty busy today.

Anyways, what songs off of the Final Frontier do you think would sound the best live?  I doubt they will go the AMOLAD route again, but you never know.  This can range between what songs should be played live, and what songs probably will be played live. Right now I believe El Dorado and Final Frontier are pretty much guaranteed, along with Coming Home and When the Wild Wind Blows. I will post some more after I have a better chance to listen to it more.

The Final Frontier
El Dorado
Mother of Mercy
Coming Home
The Alchemist
Isle of Avalon
Starblind

These are the songs I think will be played live, not necessarily the songs i think should be played live.

The Alchemist. It's a short hard rocking song that all fan camps of Iron Maiden can get behind.
El Dorado's already been played, and generally that's an indicator that it probably will stick around for a bit, so why not.
The Final Frontier. Come on, how are you going to have an intro like Satellite 15 and not use it to start your show?
Isle of Avalon, best song in years, so they better play it.

And I'd like the Talisman as well, but I dunno if it's as necessary as the other 4.

Y'know I'm kinda worried that amidst all these great new epics, we're going to lose a couple that aren't fear of the dark from the rotation (seriously guys, love Fear of the Dark, but it's not Hallowed. You don't have to play it EVERY show) forever, and I don't want that to happen to Paschendale!

Cap Maronis said:
Y'know I'm kinda worried that amidst all these great new epics, we're going to lose a couple that aren't fear of the dark from the rotation (seriously guys, love Fear of the Dark, but it's not Hallowed. You don't have to play it EVERY show) forever, and I don't want that to happen to Paschendale!

Paschendale's already been dropped.

And Fear of the Dark is DIFFERENT live. Like when you actually see it, you just stop complaining about it being overplayed. I hated it until I saw it live. They can keep it. I won't die if they drop it, but I understand why it's played so much.

Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
His (Bruce) wish would be to play 5 songs from TFF : Satellite 15, El Dorado, Coming Home, The Talisman, When the Wild Wind Blows cause he thinks they would sound perfectly live.

After a full listen I mostly agree with Bruce.

Final Frontier, El Dorado - Obvious
Coming Home - Good ballad with the potential for crowd participation in the chorus.
The Alchemist - A straightforward rocker that I believe has a very good chance of being played live. (An addition to Bruce's list)
The Talisman - Awesome song that may sound even better live.
Where the Wild Wind Blows - The band usually plays the album ending epic. This is the song I am most uncertain of, as I can see it being replaced with TMWWBK or Starblind. I don't think that more than 6 songs off this album will be played.

We also have to keep in mind that Bruce's opinion isn't necessarily final. Adrian and Steve might have a different idea  :lol:

TFF
El Dorado
Coming Home
The Alchemist
WTWWB

From time to time take out El Dorado and replace with The Talisman and maybe remove WTWWB in replace of TMWWBK from time to time.

There's a lot of good stuff on here, but it's unfortunate the tracks are so long because it means you get less of them in a live show hahaha.

Moonchild33 said:
Paschendale's already been dropped.

And Fear of the Dark is DIFFERENT live. Like when you actually see it, you just stop complaining about it being overplayed. I hated it until I saw it live. They can keep it. I won't die if they drop it, but I understand why it's played so much.

:( @ the spoiler.

I LOVE Fear of the Dark. Don't get me wrong, but as great of a song as it is, it's not Iron Maiden, Number of the Beast, or Hallowed. They don't need to play it every time (I've seen them every time they've come by since 2003, and well, guess how many times I've seen FotD)

Cap Maronis said:
:( @ the spoiler.

I LOVE Fear of the Dark. Don't get me wrong, but as great of a song as it is, it's not Iron Maiden, Number of the Beast, or Hallowed. They don't need to play it every time (I've seen them every time they've come by since 2003, and well, guess how many times I've seen FotD)

I would be sad, but I was one of the few that saw it before it got dropped. :D

Hmm I understand. It gets tiresome.

LordMaiden said:
I, for one, wouldn't give a shit if I never heard Number of the Beast live ever again.

I actually agree with you, same with run to the hills.

For me those songs are classics, and I love me some maiden, but there's nothing wrong with keeping Hallowed and Iron Maiden and rotating between songs like the trooper, number of the beast, run to the hills, wrathchild, and switching it up with songs that were hits and singles at a point, like Flight of Icarus, Wasted Years, The Evil that Men Do, etc. (Yes I know a few of these have been revived for a tour or so, but there's nothing wrong in keeping the hits in flux, as long as you play a couple of them the smug "hits only" crowd will be satisfied)

Since we know they're going to play The Final Frontier and El Dorado for sure next year then I would say Mother Of Mercy, Coming Home, The Alchemist, The Talisman and The Man Who Would Be King.

I would like to hear Satellite 15 open the show, Final Frontier, Coming Home, The Alchemist, Talisman, WTWWB. These will be great to hear live.
LordMaiden said:
I, for one, wouldn't give a shit if I never heard Number of the Beast live ever again.

And so I praise you, buddy. My feelings exactly.

Back