Which Senjutsu songs do you predict will be played live?

As the band never played The Pilgrim (outside of the play-the-whole-album-amolad tour) and also never once played The Alchemist live, I do NOT expect Days of Future Past to be played live. I hope I'm wrong. So, I've chosen the following:

Senjutsu
Stratego
Writing On The Wall
The Darkest Hour
Hell on Earth

I'm hoping for more, but I'd almost bet money on these five being played at least.

I'm predicting:

Senjutsu (for sure)
Stratego (for sure)
The Writing on The Wall (for sure)
Days of Future Past (probably)
The Time Machine (maybe)
Darkest Hour (maybe)
The Death of the Celts (maybe)
Hell On Earth (probably)

They may not all get played at the same time, but I think these ones will get played at some point. There's usually one or two songs that don't get played off the album they're touring in support of and I'm predicting that Lost in a Lost World and The Parchment will be cut from the shows.

Last edited:
As the band never played The Pilgrim (outside of the play-the-whole-album-amolad tour) and also never once played The Alchemist live, I do NOT expect Days of Future Past to be played live. I hope I'm wrong. So, I've chosen the following:

Senjutsu
Stratego
Writing On The Wall
The Darkest Hour
Hell on Earth

I'm hoping for more, but I'd almost bet money on these five being played at least.
Why not? They often play Adrian's rockers. Wicker Man, Wildest Dreams, Different World, The Final Frontier Speed of Light, Death or Glory..

Senjutsu
Writing On The Wall
The Time Machine
Days Of Future Past
Hell On Earth

I don't think Stratego is certain because Nicko had trouble recording it.

I don't think Stratego is certain because Nicko had trouble recording it.
I think figuring out how to play it for the first time was the problem. Where Eagles Dare was incredibly difficult for him in the beginning, they still played it on multiple tours though.

Senjutsu, Stratego, Time Machine and Hell on Earth, 99% sure about those.

Senjutsu
Stratego
Writing On The Wall
The Darkest Hour
Hell on Earth

Days isn't certain but it's 90% because of its length and simplicity. Seems like Dickinson and Smith are mentioning this song a lot in the interviews. Less than 4 minutes at live speed...

I'd say:

Senjutsu
Stratego
TWOTW
DOFP
Time Machine
Hell on Earth

And probably another one, I'd guess DOTC.

My guesses are:

Senjetsu
Stratego
The Writing on the Wall
The Time Machine
Darkest Hour
Hell on Earth

What would be seriously cool is if Hell on Earth ends the encores. That's such a powerful song that it would leave audiences breathless as they leave the arena/concert hall. Of course, that's not happening probably.

What would be seriously cool is if Hell on Earth ends the encores. That's such a powerful song that it would leave audiences breathless as they leave the arena/concert hall. Of course, that's not happening probably.
Followed by Always look on the bright side of life :D

Senjutsu and Stratego will FOR SURE be played. Writing, definitely.

I can see The Parchment being played live for sure, Bruce and Nicko recently talked about playing it (Nicko in particular seems really eager to- remember, he's the reason they played Tears of a Clown on the first two legs of TBOS to begin with). Hell on Earth, that would be killer.

I honestly just don't see DOFP or Lost. Considering as many people mentioned they skipped The Pilgrim on the A Matter of The Beast, and The Alchemist wasn't performed on TFF, and Tears got replaced with a longer song on TBOS, I think it's clear they favour playing the longer tunes over anything.

Death of the Celts is a hard maybe. I could see the audience getting bored during it though, and of the songs on the album it's definitely the one that feels every second of its length. The Time Machine is also a hard maybe. And I also just don't see Darkest Hour at at all. It would feel very much like a dead space in a set already full of long songs, it being a power ballad and all.

Now that I've gotten that off my chest, here's a hypothetical set with that in mind:

Intro
1. Senjutsu
2. Stratego
3. Classic or older song
4. The Writing on the Wall
5. The Parchment
6. Classic or older song
7. Classic or older aong
8. Classic or older song
9. The Time Machine
10. Hell on Earth
11. Classic or older song
12. Classic or older song
13. Fear of the Dark
14. Iron Maiden

15-17... you already know lol

If there is a full album Senjutsu tour I have the feeling I will have to travel a good bit to see it, being in Atlanta.

I think anything is a possibility and I love seeing that some people are predicting 7 songs instead of the usual 6. I think we could get as many as 8 because Maiden normally does 6 except Final Frontier and Matter Of Life And Death tour plus some classics and 2 or 3 other songs that aren't normally played from past albums. Sign Of The Cross and The Clansman on Brave New World tour, Lord Of The Flies and Brave New World on Dance Of Death tour, Dance Of Death, The Wicker Man and Blood Brothers on the Final Frontier tour, Powerslave and Children Of the Damned on Book Of Souls tour. They could easily replace those songs with 2 from SJ and I wouldn't be surprised if they do.

There's usually one or two songs that don't get played off the album they're touring in support of
Actually, there's usually 4 or 5 that don't get played. The only post-reunion albums to have more than 6 songs played on their tours were Brave New World on some shows in 2001 and Matter Of Life And Death.

Back