which one song would you definitely like to have back in the next setlist?

Killers would be a great pick IMO. And something from Somewhere In Time is mandatory. Place Alexander The Great on the "War" section, I don't care about the issues the band has with the track. Despite the fact the tour's name being derivative from the game you simply can't have a Maiden tour with the word "Legacy" and zero SIT songs in it.

Last edited:
I’d love to see the title track to The Book of Souls return to the set list at some point. I always hate how when there’s a new album and the previous album gets erased from the set list for a while.
It's extra rough for anyone who'd want to hear TFF or TBOS songs in setlist rotation since it's almost a guarantee we won't get any. One of the downsides of actively producing music people really like this late into your career, I suppose. At least TBOS the song got a nice sendoff with Bruce's last sung lyrics the last time they played it being "the last book of souls".

I'd really like to hear 22AA, SIASL and Killers again. Others too, Infinite Dreams, CSIT, etc. but I know those aren't happening. Selecting just one out of those though, I'd have to go with Stranger in a Stranger Land. We don't have a single professional live recording of that from '99 or '86-'87 and it's just kind of underappreciated by the band. Plus I think they could do it justice now that they've calmed down on the tempos and everything.

• The Longest Day
  • The Clairvoyant
  • Flash Of The Blade
  • Sun And Steel
  • Total Eclipse
  • Out Of The Silent Planet
  • Sea Of Madness
  • Prodigal Son

Fallen Angel, The Clairvoyant, Flash Of The Blade, Powerslave, Montsegur (even if it has never been played before), The Aftermath, Blood On The World's Hands (which would fit perfectly along with Hell On Earth), Tailgunner, Die With Your Boots On, Invaders...

Wasted Years gets played all the time though.

Not enough. I have seen every tour since 1996 and the song was only played on the Ed Hunter tour in 1999, the Somewhere Back in Time tour in 2008-2009, the Maiden England tour in 2012-2014, and the Book of Souls tour in 2016-2017.

Back