which one song would you definitely like to have back in the next setlist?

Ah, I thought they did it on Gimmie Ed, surely the worst named tour.

Yep by a mile. And consider that they also have a "world slavery tour" and that isn't the number one.

The age of them as well, it might have been understandable as a young band in the 80's

Yep by a mile. And consider that they also have a "world slavery tour" and that isn't the number one.

The age of them as well, it might have been understandable as a young band in the 80's
I always thought World Slavery Tour was super cool. I have never once thought of actual slavery. Now I will be able to thing of nothin else!

what was the 1992 tour called actually? I saw them in Mannheim, but I don't remember the name of the tour. was it "Fear On The Road"? or "Tour Of The Dark"? or even "Fear Of The Tour"? :ninja:

Out Of The Silent Planet, Rainmaker or Prowler.

If I have to add more: Killers, To Tame A Land, Caught Somewhere In Time, Sea Of Madness, Stranger In A Strange Land, No Prayer For The Dying, Bring Your Daughter... To The Slaughter, Be Quick Or Be Dead, Wasting Love, Futureal, Ghost Of The Navigator, Brave New World, No More Lies, Different World and Lord Of Light.

I always thought World Slavery Tour was super cool. I have never once thought of actual slavery. Now I will be able to thing of nothin else!

I first heard of it at twelve years old, when all I knew about metal and Maiden was that it was evil and satanic, and they have songs about "raping the women and wasting the men" etc. so I absolutely thought it meant they were advocates for slavery:lol:

In terms of songs I've never seen I'd have to say Rime of the Ancient Mariner. It's the quintessential Maiden epic and looks to be an absolute powerhouse of a live track. I'd also like to hear a few more 21st century tracks live too, like Dance of Death, Ghost of the Navigator, Brave New World or Ben Breeg.

:shred:I first heard of it at twelve years old, when all I knew about metal and Maiden was that it was evil and satanic, and they have songs about "raping the women and wasting the men" etc. so I absolutely thought it meant they were advocates for slavery:lol:
I was 6 when i was introduced to the vhs. I had no context, I just loved everythin to do with it. Cool words. I used to put it on an bounce from sofa to chair playin bass on a hurl, replicating the 2 fingered gallop as best I could. Musical friends are still impressed by my finger speed to this day, considerin im not a bass player. So I say learn young, learn hard and never lose it!
And I wrecked me ma's sofa, she barred me from listenin to Maiden in the living room

I’ve seen IM on 7 tours since 2005 (first gig at Reading 2005). Looking back at the set lists, I’ve been really lucky to see a wide range of songs.

I missed the DOD tour and FF 2010 tour. Therefore I would have loved to have seen Wildest Dreams, Rainmaker, Journeyman, No More Lies, Paschendale, Lord of the Flies, Ghost of the Navigator and Brave New World across those tours. Any of these would been great in a future set list.

-- Gimmie Ed, surely the worst named tour.

Given that Bruce has openly spoken about getting his cancer most likely due to oral sex, just imagine the amount of puns if Give Me Ed and LOTB tours switched their chronological places...

Or maybe I'm just showing very bad taste - again.

Right, maybe I should also reply to the initial question in the title. Out of all of their songs that have been played live, Infinite Dreams is a strong, and probably the most outstanding candidate for me. It might be my very favourite Maiden tune. I still think they could pull it off very well!
There's got to be
Just more to it than this
Or tell me, why do we exist?
I'd like to think that when I die
I'd get a chance, another time
And to return and live again
Reincarnate, play the game
Again and again and again...

and again...

And Bruce would be like:

i-PmVQRVH-XL.jpg

Brighter Than a Thousand Suns is up there as well. And well... Since I (veyr unfortunately!) missed both SBIT & TBOS tours and therefore a chance to see Powerslave, I wouldn't mind seeing that one make a glorious return one more time. But other than that, LOTB tour really made a lot of my Maiden dreams true: I finally got Revelations, The Clansman, Sign of the Cross, For the Greater Good of God and Flight of Icarus. I've been very lucky for being able to see most of my all-time favourite Maiden songs played live, thanks to LOTB set and quite Seventh Son heavy Maiden England run, even with the sad omission of Infinite Dreams and a couple of other gems that might have potentially been there. Over the years, my approach to Maiden setlist discussion has probably changed from constant and intense fantasy & complaints territories something genuinely grateful. Nothing wrong with criticizing Maiden setlists: of course I too find some of those picks a bit tiring and frustrating, but looking at the big picture I'm very happy with what I've got.

I'm super thrilled if the speculated Senjutsu tour will see the light of day and I'm quite happy to be able to see a couple of new cuts and classics like Flight of Icarus and maybe even Sign of the Cross at least one more time this summer. So cool!

Of the songs I've already seen live... well, I would love to witness Moonchild or Seventh Son of a Seventh Son played live again! Of the "rare" cuts from the Maiden England set, I actually believe that they might do The Prisoner one more time!

Last edited:
For me the following songs are on my wishlist to return:
  • Phantom Of The Opera
  • Powerslave
  • Rime Of The Ancient Mariner
  • Caught Somewhere In Time
  • Wasted Years
  • Infinite Dreams
  • The Dance Of Death
  • Paschendale
  • The Talisman
  • If Eternity Should Fail
  • The Book Of Souls
Ultimately, if I can only get 1 of them back, I'm choosing Wasted Years since it is my favourite Maiden track, although quite frankly seeing any of these live would be amazing.

Reactions: Eli
For me the following songs are on my wishlist to return:
  • Phantom Of The Opera
  • Powerslave
  • Rime Of The Ancient Mariner
  • Caught Somewhere In Time
  • Wasted Years
  • Infinite Dreams
  • The Dance Of Death
  • Paschendale
  • The Talisman
  • If Eternity Should Fail
  • The Book Of Souls
Ultimately, if I can only get 1 of them back, I'm choosing Wasted Years since it is my favourite Maiden track, although quite frankly seeing any of these live would be amazing.
Wasted Years gets played all the time though.

Back