Which Member Of The Band Would You Like To Have A Pint With?

Which Member Of The Band Would You Like To Have A Pint With?

• Bruce

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Steve

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Dave

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Adrian

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Janick

Votes: 19 46.3%
  • Nicko

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters

Spaldy

Ancient Mariner
I was thinking about this the other day and figured I'd put down my thoughts on a hypothetical scenario where I end up in a pub with someone from Maiden.

Bruce: We'd bond over our appreciation of good beer but would probably end up arguing over politics.

Steve: Same again RE politics. However, we'd find common ground discussing war movies and sci-fi novels.

Dave: I'm not a golfer so I don't think we'd have much in common but he seems like a lovely bloke so it'd be a pleasant experience.

Adrian: Seems the most chill of the group but he seems more into fishing than having a beer so he might not enjoy it.

Janick: Famously enjoys Irish pubs so I think we'd get along quite well.

Nicko: Doesn't drink anymore so that rules him out. Which is a shame as he'd be a laugh riot.

So, in the end I'd have to pick Janick.

Im not a pretty girl and don't know shit about planes so Bruce would probably be bored and dismissive. Nicko would probably try to eat food off my plate and Id have to fight the urge to DDT him on the spot. I could probally talk fishing with Adrian for a bit. Dont know much about the others personalities. Blaze is the only one Ive ever personally interacted with and he was a real class act, even though hes not on the list Id choose him over the rest.

Janick.

Have a pint. Chit chat. Silently have another pint. Order some chips. And another pint. Chit chat some more. Say bye.

Definitely Janick. Among all of them he seems to be the more easy to have a chat with, just a very normal guy but with whom there will always be a subject to talk about.

I was lucky and met them all August 31 in 2005, and I must say they were all very nice and friendly except for Nicko. I met them one by one at their Dublin hotel about three hours before the show started. I got my ticket signed by all of them, but Nicko complained the fact that I forgot to remove the lid of the pencil I asked him to sign with :rolleyes: . the meeting situation was they all were given a drive up to the hotel (each of them on his own, not all six together), however, Arry came on foot carrying two shopping bags and he was so kind putting them down to sign my ticket. he was really friendly. Davey stood inside the hotel lobby smoking a cigarette and signing a bunch of at least 10, 15 vinyl records for a hotel employee when I came to him with my ticket. he was completely chilled and cool. :)

I decided to go with H. He seems to have the most well-rounded (and still evolving?) taste in music and I’d love to chat about that sort of shit with him. Steve would be my next pick, but only because I’d really like to pick his brain and ask obscure questions about Maiden’s discography — less of a chat and more of an interview.

I used to fantasise about this very event as a young and impressionable lad. I used to think Davey would be my best friend because he looked kind. In reality i'd have nothing in common with most of them so i've gone for Janick as at least he'd enjoy a drink, though i wouldn't mind going into a Jethor Tull deep dive with Steve

Adrian or Jan would be my choices, although I rarely drink with people I do not know!

Last edited:
In a pub setting I'd probably find Nicko quite annoying pretty quickly and I don't share enough of Bruce's hobbies to stimulate his interest. Steve, Dave and Adrian all seem quite reserved like me, so it could be pleasant but could also equal more than a few awkward silences. Janick seems the most amiable so I'd go with him.

Definitely Clive. RIP man! Seemed like a really nice and funny guy to be around.

I would love to have one with all of them of course, but if I have to choose, I’ll say Nicko. Pretty much because he is so funny person overall, we would laugh all night

Janick, I think he would be the easiest to just have a silly conversation with.
I would probably be too starstruck anyway to be able to enjoy myself.

Back