Which Iron Maiden album would you like to see performed live in its entirety?

Choose one album:

• Somewhere In Time

Votes: 42 32.3%
  • The Number Of The Beast

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Killers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Powerslave

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • Piece Of Mind

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • Iron Maiden

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • No Prayer For The Dying

• Fear Of The Dark

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • The X Factor

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Virtual XI

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Brave New World

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • Dance Of Death

• A Matter Of Life & Death

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • The Final Frontier

Votes: 12 9.2%

• Total voters
No, you're right, Dave plays both. The real reason they never played it is because Dave had completely forgotten that he recorded all of the leads on AtG and kept hinting at Adrian that it was his turn to solo, which eventually confounded H enough to simply say, "Let's not do that one, mates."

No, you're right, Dave plays both. The real reason they never played it is because Dave had completely forgotten that he recorded all of the leads on AtG and kept hinting at Adrian that it was his turn to solo, which eventually confounded H enough to simply say, "Let's not do that one, mates."
......and theres my answer lol :funnypost:

Powerslave, or the debut (it would be kind of silly though, since there are only two members left from that line up)

Although my top 3 is:
  1. Somewhere In Time
  2. Powerslave
  3. Seventh Son
...when it comes to play one of these records entirely live ... Seventh Son his the undisputed number one IMO (due to its conceptual building)

I would kill to see Brave New World being played live entirely.... ::)
Fortunately they played the best songs from the album live, and most of them are on the Rock in Rio album.
Sadly the same cannot be said about Somewhere in Time, which would be truly incredible to hear live one day. But that will never happen.

Fortunately they played the best songs from the album live, and most of them are on the Rock in Rio album.
Sadly the same cannot be said about Somewhere in Time, which would be truly incredible to hear live one day. But that will never happen.

Well I know they opened with The Wicker Man and played and played Blood Brothers but never heard of a version of RIR that features The Thin Line Between Love And Hate and Out Of The Silent Planet :p

Well I know they opened with The Wicker Man and played and played Blood Brothers but never heard of a version of RIR that features The Thin Line Between Love And Hate and Out Of The Silent Planet :p
They played OOTSP a few times on the tour, but it really would have made the RIR a lot better. Thin Line is a great song as well, but I don't think it would work as a live song.

True... But they dished it from the RIR setlist. Could care less for The Merecenary. As for Dream Of Mirrors, Ghost Of The Navigator and BNW I'll state my opinion again just in case: filled with excellent passages but poorly structured... either by excessive repetition and predictability or the complete opposite: nonsense passages (some to/ from awfull parts) and lack of coherency. 3 songs that deserved the same time spent the first BNW songs had (Blood Brothers, Nomad and The Thin Line show a way more solid structure despite all being 7 mins plus)

Last edited:
He wasn’t speaking metaphorically about watching Paul Di’anno ride the edge of a heart attack for 90 minutes on stage, he was talking about the tour where they played A Matter Of Life And Death from start to finish. And yes, that tour was incredible. (In a good way, buddy.)

Well, maybe in hindsight it was a bit special.
At the time I did sort of enjoy A Matter of... but I thought it was a bit of a struggle listening to the whole thing live.
Dare I say boring or will you take my Killers album away from me.

Back