Where have you been?

More places than I thought, but still not as many as I would like. I live in the southeast of England, and have been to:

Scotland
Italy - Florence and a brief visit to the Leaning Tower of Pisa.
USA - Florida twice and New York once. I would very much like to add DC to this.
France - Day trip to Lille, twice to Disney. Would've liked to have visited Paris properly last time I went but we were pressed for time.
Belgium - Visited some WWI grave sites and trenches on a school trip. Haunting.
Spain - A few times on holidays as a kid. I forget exactly where. Same for the next two, except I've only been once.
Portugal
Cyprus

And tomorrow I'm going to Iceland.

Five years later I'm finally adding country number 10 to my list, I'm going to Berlin this Friday for a friend's stag weekend. Also Wales as I've been four times since this post. I can also add another notch to Spain as I visited Granada last September.

England-Scotland, France-Monaco, Belgium, Netherlands, Denmark, Latvia, Norway, Russia, Ukraine, Spain, Italy, Andorra, Switzerland, Albania, Serbia, Montenegro, Cyprus, Greece, Turkey, Egypt, UAE, Oman, Qatar, Kuwait, India, Pakistan, Singapore, Mauritius, China-Taiwan-HK-Macao, Thailand, Jordan, Israel, South Korea.

Expected soon Japan, Malaysia, Mongolia, Bangladesh.

So far, I have visited the following countries:

England
Wales
Scotland
Ireland
Spain
Portugal
France
Belgium
The Netherlands
Luxembourg
Germany
Denmark
Sweden
Norway
Switzerland
Liechtenstein
Austria
Czech Republic
Slovakia
Hungary
Monaco
Italy
Vatican City
Croatia
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Montenegro
Slovenia
Greece
Turkey
Israel
Egypt
Tunisia

So far, I have visited the following countries:

England
Wales
Scotland
Ireland
Spain
Portugal
France
Belgium
The Netherlands
Luxembourg
Germany
Denmark
Sweden
Norway
Switzerland
Liechtenstein
Austria
Czech Republic
Slovakia
Hungary
Monaco
Italy
Vatican City
Croatia
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Montenegro
Slovenia
Greece
Turkey
Israel
Egypt
Tunisia
Impressive!

Impressive!

I have always liked travelling and there have been several times with the family holidays involving driving around Europe, hence the number of different neighbouring countries on the list. There was also a time before my daughter was born when holidays would include some Maiden shows too. I have seen the band in Spain, The Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, England, Wales, Portugal, and Croatia.

Gees, compared to these lists I'm super lame. Just Mexico and the U.S HOWEVER!

Mexico: Mexico City, Mexico State, Morelia, Queretaro, San Luis Potosi, Zacatecas, Nayarit, Guerrero, Oaxaca, Campeche, Chiapas, Yucatan, Quintana Roo, Colima, Veracruz, Sinaloa, Sonora, Chihuahua Jalisco and Puebla.
The states I've traveled most extensively are Chihuahua, Sonora, Jalisco and Puebla. In Chihuahua I've been to Ojinaga (my mom's home town), Chihuahua City, Aldama, Parral (home of Pancho Villa), and Ciudad Juarez.
Puebla: Puebla City, Cholula, Atlixco, Jojocan, and Cuetzalan
Sonora: Hermosillo, Nogales, Agua prieta, Obregon, Cananea, Puerto Penasco, Bahia de Kino and San Carlos
Jalisco: Guadalajara, Zapopan, Tesistan, Mazamitla, Chapala, Jocotepec, Ajijic, Mascota, Vallarta, Tonala and Tlaquepaque

U.S: California, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Arkansas, Nevada, Maryland, Virginia, Florida and Pennsylvania.
Driven through: Oklahoma, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, and West Virginia (just the tip hehe)

P.S: The title of the thread reminded me of this little guy LOL: https://www.instagram.com/nori_the_seaweed/reel/C_CPrHEviBD/

Norway (home)
Sweden (been there many, many times, a few times every year)
Denmark (once as a child, many times as an adult as I work there ocassionally)
UK (once as a child)
The Netherlands (once as a child)
Greece (once as a teenager, two times as adult, last time this year)
Cyprus (honeymoon)
Czech republic (once as an adult)
Russia (once as an adult)
Thailand (once as an adult)
Bulgaria (once as an adult)
Germany (once as an adult)
Switzerland (once as an adult)

Would love to travel more, maybe when the kids are grown up? Hope to get to Finland, Iceland, America, Caribbean and Africa one time

Last edited:
North America
U.S.: Home, I live in New Jersey
Canada: Calgary, Toronto, Prince Edward Island
Mexico: Cancun

Caribbean
Tortola: British Virgin Islands
Aruba
Grenada
Turks & Caicos: Providenciales & Grand Turk

Central America
Belize: San Pedro, Placencia, Hopkins, Corozal
Honduras: Roatan (Bay Islands), Copan Ruinas
Panama
Costa Rica
El Salvador

South America
Colombia: Cartagena

Europe
Italy: Rome, Sorrento, Agropoli, Sicily, Milan, Florence

Asia
Thailand: Phuket, Koh Sam Samui, Bangkok, Chiang Mai
Cambodia: Siam Riep
Malaysia: Langkawi Island, Kuala Lumpur

Ireland, Scotland, England, Portugal, France, The Netherlands (incl. Frisia), Germany (incl. Frisia), Denmark, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Austria, Italy, Vatican City State, Poland, Czechia, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Macedonia (a.k.a. FYROM and currently North Macedonia), Greece, Turkey, Romania, Soviet Union (now russia, places where I was), China.
#NotEnoughAtAll

Next thing you're going to tell me that Mexicans don't typically have huge mustaches, wear sombreros, only eat tacos and sleep all day.

Next thing you're going to tell me that Mexicans don't typically have huge mustaches, wear sombreros, only eat tacos and sleep all day.
So, when I moved to AZ, I was told I wasn't mexican because I lacked all said things. Also, because I wore sneakers instead of huaraches and didn't ride a donkey to school. So I told them said individual doesn't exist. We all wear jeans and t-shirts now, have automobiles and TVs. 17 years later I move back, I rent my first home and behind it is a HUGE corn field. One morning I'm woken up by a very loud "MOOOOOO!" I look out my window and see about 10 cows eating whatever was left of the harvest to clear out and fertilize the land again. Behind them, however, was a man, dressed in cloth pants, huaraches, a poncho, sombrero and nice big mustache.... He was riding a donkey :facepalm:. I just thought to myself... 17 years telling people you don't exists and here you are in full glory.

In all seriousness however, in many of our resort towns, non-white locals get turned away out of classism/racism. A few turn away locals all together because they just assume we're all poor.

So, when I moved to AZ, I was told I wasn't mexican because I lacked all said things. Also, because I wore sneakers instead of huaraches and didn't ride a donkey to school. So I told them said individual doesn't exist. We all wear jeans and t-shirts now, have automobiles and TVs. 17 years later I move back, I rent my first home and behind it is a HUGE corn field. One morning I'm woken up by a very loud "MOOOOOO!" I look out my window and see about 10 cows eating whatever was left of the harvest to clear out and fertilize the land again. Behind them, however, was a man, dressed in cloth pants, huaraches, a poncho, sombrero and nice big mustache.... He was riding a donkey :facepalm:. I just thought to myself... 17 years telling people you don't exists and here you are in full glory.

Please tell me that you saw everything in an orange filter, too.

Back