When someone asks me what I like most about Maiden...

There's lots of musical examples....but what I like most about Maiden is that they are grown men making millions of dollars playing escapist rock music with 15 foot tall zombie puppets behind them. Not a bad way to make a living.

There's lots of musical examples....but what I like most about Maiden is that they are grown men making millions of dollars playing escapist rock music with 15 foot tall zombie puppets behind them. Not a bad way to make a living.

Thats the way I live too. Well the zombie puppet part.

I am sorry to bring this up again but I just saw the topic and I felt I would definitely have something to say.
Most of the examples here are amazing (especially SSOASS, Hallowed and Rime) but I felt some of my favorite Maiden moments haven't been included yet:

- 4:33 mark. What an entrance by Dave. :notworthy:

- 8:50. What a moment to throw this gigantic melody into the game. Well done, 'Arry!

- 2:47 to 4:24. This segment from Judgement of Heaven is among my favorite Maiden instrumental sections!

- An amazing solo by Dave is followed by an even better melody - 2:24.

- This might be controversial, by I absolutely love the harmony at 3:06 mark. This harmony is probably my favorite IM harmony (and that is a really strong statement!) and it earns the song at least 8.5/10 in my books.

Are there any other special IM moments you'd like to share here? Maybe there is something that I've been failing to notice for a long time!

Last edited:
Back