What's the best proof to show that Iron Maiden is NOT satanic

Overall, I'm surprised some people consider Iron Maiden satanic.

As for the solution to your problem - depends on the people. If it's your mates joking, for example, let them continue and don't care about it. For parents or relatives, you could point out some of their lyrics or say something about Nicko. He's a Christian as far as I'm concerned.

RealMaidenFan, I can imagine you're in quite a difficult situation. I know that some people from your country can be quite prejudiced and stubborn about this sort of thing, especially since you will probably have to be rather secretive about your passion in the first place.
My advice is, try talking to those people who are actually willing to listen - and try to learn to live with the others. Try finding some older fans who are more experienced in living in your society as metal or Maiden fans, and let them tell you how to live with it.

If you find some people who are willing to talk about this sort of thing with you, ask them what makes them think they are Satanist in the first place, and then argue against that. The best arguments are always their lyrics. I think Rime of the Ancient Mariner, Be Quick or be Dead, Brave New World, Out of the Silent Planet and Out of the Shadows are very good for a start, because they carry clear messages that wouldn't get lost in translation, and point out very well what Iron Maiden and heavy metal in general are about. Good luck and movaffagh bashi with that!

I guess you could point to song titles like Hallowed Be Thy Name, The Pilgrim, Sign of the Cross, Judgement of Heaven, and For the Greater Good of God. 
Or like Perun said, the references to God on eg. Rime of the Ancient Mariner, Mother of Mercy, or Brighter than a Thousand Suns. 
Or Bruce and the band talking about their "satanism" in numerous interviews, and also live on Beast over Hammersmith. 
Or lyrics borrowed from the Bible in Revelations. 
Or the battle between good and evil on the Seventh Son of a Seventh Son album. 
Or the lyrics of Brighter than a Thousand Suns and Holy Smoke, spoken from the point of view of Christ. 

The arguments are plenty, it's just getting people to listen to them, and I have never run into your problem (explaining "satanism").  From my experience, most people, even the most rational ones, are quite hard to convince in argument even when you clearly have the better arguments.  People tend to stick to their original opinions, and religious opinions are the most deep-rooted of all.
Dr. House said:
If you could argue with religious people, there would be no religious people.

The problem is that some of Maiden's lyrics are cryptic and/or use irony, which never translates very well, especially not to listeners with a different cultural background, like RealMaidenFan's.

Iron_Maiden_The_Number_Of_The_Beast_music_album_cover.jpg

nothing to see here, not satanic at all  :devil2:

Actually that's not a bad one.

The mascot, AKA the band, is controlling satan with strings. They have no respect for satan, so they aren't satanic.

...The zombie issues are a different story.

Perun said:
The problem is that some of Maiden's lyrics are cryptic and/or use irony, which never translates very well, especially not to listeners with a different cultural background, like RealMaidenFan's.

Hence me mentioning, for example, the apparently religious song titles.  Hallowed Be Thy Name and For the Greater Good of God might seem religious based on the song names, but if you go into the lyrics they're more the opposite. 

I think if people are ignorant enough to assume Maiden are Satanic then all the proof in the world isn't gonna change their so called "minds". If some idiot says he/she thinks Maiden are Satanists I always respond with, "well yeah, why do you think I like them" and I pretend to be Satanic too for my own amusement  :D

I have never understood this label being applied to many different metal bands. Most of them do mention the devil in at least a few of their songs and this somehow makes them satanic? Well, the bible mentions the devil a ton of times so by this reasoning it guess IT is satanic too right?

If you measured references to god vs references to the devil, I think god would win in Maiden's case.  Probably the same for a lot of metal bands.

snake plissken said:
If some idiot says he/she thinks Maiden are Satanists I always respond with, "well yeah, why do you think I like them" and I pretend to be Satanic too for my own amusement  :D

Hehe, I did that when I was younger. There were some dumbshits back in high school who gave me shit about liking Maiden. Not because of Maiden - I just didn't get along with those dumbshits in general. They'd say something like "Maiden is satanic! Do you worship the devil too?"

My usual response was "Only on Tuesdays."

Proof of their dumbshit status: the ringleader grew up to be a Republican politician.

SinisterMinisterX said:
Hehe, I did that when I was younger. There were some dumbshits back in high school who gave me shit about liking Maiden. Not because of Maiden - I just didn't get along with those dumbshits in general. They'd say something like "Maiden is satanic! Do you worship the devil too?"

My usual response was "Only on Tuesdays."

Proof of their dumbshit status: the ringleader grew up to be a Republican politician.

Awesome post right there.

Back