What's the best proof to show that Iron Maiden is NOT satanic

{Leviathan} said:
I've dealt with that issue before. Oh boy. I'm a bit of a Philosophy nerd. When my parents started to question the music I listened to, especially Iron Maiden, they told me that they're "Satanic" because they heard "Number of the Beast". You know what I did, I used flawless logic against them.

I asked them, so Iron Maiden is "Satanic" because they talked about and mentioned Satan, right? My Parents responded obviously without thinking "yes." So then I asked them. Is everything and anything that mentions or talks about Satan, "Satanic"? Again, without thinking, they told me "yes." So I proceeded to tell them, "According to your logic, we're being "Satanic" because we're mentioning Satan, not only that, but The Bible is "Satanic" as well. They mention Satan more then any other book or band. They stayed quiet. Soon after that, I explained to them that the song was actually talking about the movie "Omen: II" (I think it's that movie, correct me if I'm wrong).  

Anyway, you can do what these are saying, but if you want to be a smartass, you can do it my way. :D

Excellent!  :yes:

SinisterMinisterX said:
You must frequent graveyards.

Hahaha :)

snake plissken said:
I don't really have a problem with TV preachers. They're business men. They know there's hateful bastards out there who wanna hear how "evil" gays etc are. They know they'll make money off of it. Yes, they're ripping people off but I don't care because the people they're ripping off are fucking scum.

True.  I've seen Richard Dawkins interviewing one of these famous TV preachers.  (I don't care enough for his name to check it out).  When I saw the look on some of the faces among the flock, the look of, what to me was, faked rapture but without the self-knowledge of deception.  Brainwashed before the business rolled to town, by their parents and immediate relations.

I'll have to dig up the article but I recall Steve being interviewed back in the 80s about this and he basically said something like:

"I'm married, I have kids, I donate to charity, I love my parents, and I celebrate christmas like everyone else.  I'm a regular bloke.  If I were really a satanist, I would have killed myself in ritual self sacrifice years ago".

Thought that was pretty spot on B)

Jed said:
I'll have to dig up the article but I recall Steve being interviewed back in the 80s about this and he basically said something like:

"I'm married, I have kids, I donate to charity, I love my parents, and I celebrate christmas like everyone else.  I'm a regular bloke.  If I were really a satanist, I would have killed myself in ritual self sacrifice years ago".

Thought that was pretty spot on B)

Isn't that exactly what a satanist who didn't want anyone to know he was a satanist would say ;)

That's the same thing he told me as he ripped out my still beating heart and set it on fire.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but try showing them the artwork to Run to the Hills or Number of the Beast single covers, where Eddie is fighting Satan, and then when he has overcome him.

Back