What Was The First Maiden Album You Bought?

This poll has no options to pick from.

• Yes it does. Here's one.

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • That doesn't count. The options are supposed to be albums.

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • No fair, you didn't say that in the first place.

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • I didn't have to say it. It should be obvious.

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Well, you should speak more clearly.

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Adrian Smith

Votes: 37 77.1%

• Total voters
[!--QuoteBegin-Pineapple Hunter+Oct 24 2005, 03:36 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Pineapple Hunter @ Oct 24 2005, 03:36 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]He needs all of them! [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]121158[/snapback]​
[/quote]

well, yeah...

Number of the Beast. I've been listening to Maiden almost all my life (I'm 18 in like 4 days, and I heard them when I was 5 via Karate instructor), and I headr Iron Maiden first, Prowler the first song, then I got NOTB as my first owned album.

Wow... what a run-on sentence...

[!--QuoteBegin-Maiden Guitarist+Oct 26 2005, 01:00 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maiden Guitarist @ Oct 26 2005, 01:00 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]well, yeah...
[snapback]121344[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Now, that's what I call an essential and meaningful post...

mine was seventh son of a seventh son , and then iron maiden , dance of death , life after death , piece of mind , no prayer for the dying , and then the rest of the albums. I listen for about 2,5 year to maiden now ( since I heard them in the game Gta Vice City [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--])

mine was Number of the Beast and Piece of Mind at the same time. Then Powerslave, then Somewhere in Time and then Killers and so on.

I take it that you heard 2 minutes to Midnight in GTA Somewhere in Time?

[!--QuoteBegin-Ascendancy+Oct 26 2005, 04:23 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Ascendancy @ Oct 26 2005, 04:23 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]mine was Number of the Beast and Piece of Mind at the same time. Then Powerslave, then Somewhere in Time and then Killers and so on.

I take it that you heard 2 minutes to Midnight in GTA Somewhere in Time?
[snapback]121384[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Yep

My first album was Brave New World. When we were in Cyprus for our holiday in 2002 we had brought a load of CDs but our hire car didn't have a CD player so we went into the Cyprus version of Woolworths and couldn't find anything but my dad looked behind this rubbish cyprus singer tape and he founnd Brave New World and said that we should have a try of Maiden. So we did and didn't stop listening to it for 2 weeks. And from then on me and my twin brother just got into Maiden a hell of a lot and we bought all of there albums. Also we went to see them in France2005 with my mum and Dad

[!--QuoteBegin-Maverick+Oct 26 2005, 10:12 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Oct 26 2005, 10:12 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Now, that's what I call an essential and meaningful post...
[snapback]121376[/snapback]​
[/quote]

It sure is. [!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Mine was Best of the Beast.Well,I didn't know what Iron Maiden was so I chose that

The first album I bought was Seventh Son back in 1988. I was actually introduced to Maiden in 1983 when a neighbour used to have NOTB belting out of his stereo in the summer. I saw him walking around with his denim jacket with a huge NOTB badge on the back and thought he looked really cool.

A friend at school let me take his Live After Death double album on vinyl (God remember that) and I took it home and played it constantly for a week. For some reason though I then entered a wildnerness where I was listening to a lot of other stuff like Peter Gabriel, Queen, Wet Wet Wet (?!?!?) and it wasnt until I saw Top of the Pops one night and they were playing the Can I Play With Madness video. The song was Maiden's first offering since the Somewhere in Time offering and the UK public were really hungry for Maiden as it went straight in at number 3 or 5 I think.

It was a pivotal moment in my music listening life and I went out and bought Seventh Son as soon as it was released. I followed that up with LAD, NOTB and Killers.

17 years later and still going strong although I must admit I did feel a little past it this year at the Reading festival, right up the front bouncing up and down for over an hour.

I bought the first album when it come out, I already had the running free single, then someone recorded the soundhouse tapes onto cassette for me. I had to have it.

i got best of the beast in woolys but it was 2 abums for 15 pound or something so i got dance of death too [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--] . also when i first saw the tv ad fo dance of death i thought whoooa i got to get that album. so it was like 2003 when i got into maiden.... and maiden got me into METAL

[span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\']LC: Edited for prodigious smilies.[/span]

My first Maiden album was Edward the Great, then i got Dance of Death. I want to get more but the stores don't sell many Iron Maiden albums in Australia! [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

my first was best of the beast....or live after death, i cant seem to remember which.

First one I brought was Dance of Death(heard and downloaded a lot of IM songs before that), was in the sales [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
After that brought every other album + Live after Death apart from the Blaze Ones.
Iron Maiden should also feel honored I rarely buy CD's but I felt they deserved the Royalties [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I first got into Maiden at the end of August and I went and bought NOBT and POM. Sice then the only Maiden albums i don't have are DOD, RIR(I have the DVD though) and DOTR. I have four of their DVDs aswell.

Well, the first album I got was Dance Of Death, but I robbed that from my Dad, so I suppose the first I bought was Edward The Great.

I then bought all the rest of the studio albums in one go. [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Not_Bruce_Dickinson+Jan 28 2006, 11:36 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Not_Bruce_Dickinson @ Jan 28 2006, 11:36 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Well, the first album I got was Dance Of Death, but I robbed that from my Dad, so I suppose the first I bought was Edward The Great.

I then bought all the rest of the studio albums in one go. [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]127965[/snapback]​
[/quote]
That must have cost quite a lot, especially in one go. [!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

well, the first album i got was in christmas present, NOTB. (kicks still arses [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--] ) but the first album I personally bought could have been Brave New World, but I don't remember anymore [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&B)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cool.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cool.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Conor+Jan 29 2006, 12:01 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Conor @ Jan 29 2006, 12:01 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]That must have cost quite a lot, especially in one go.
[snapback]127996[/snapback]​
[/quote]Why "especially"? Just the fact that you pay in one go doesn't make the CDs more expensive. Not_Bruce_Dickinson maybe even got a discount... [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back