What Was The First Maiden Album You Bought?

This poll has no options to pick from.

• Yes it does. Here's one.

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • That doesn't count. The options are supposed to be albums.

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • No fair, you didn't say that in the first place.

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • I didn't have to say it. It should be obvious.

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Well, you should speak more clearly.

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Adrian Smith

Votes: 37 77.1%

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

Mine was Powerslave.
If you pick a greatest hits or live album say which one.

Live After Death, back when it was Maiden's most recent release. Back in the days when we thought Bruce would never cut his hair.

Mine was Number Of The Beast, as it was the cheapest I could buy at Martian Records compared to all the others. Cheapskate! [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Best of the Beast, followed by Powerslave. BotB because I wanted to get a good sample of Maiden's music.

i bought piece of mind in cassette in 1986. after heard phantom of the opera ( live after death version)
thanks to my cousin that gave me the oportunity to hear IRON MAIDEN for first time.
cheers !!!!

[!--QuoteBegin-Blade Runner+Jul 13 2005, 03:44 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Blade Runner @ Jul 13 2005, 03:44 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]The Number of the Beast... I bought itaround two years ago.
[snapback]111838[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Same here, but I got it about a year ago, but still, better late than never to get into good music [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--] .

Mine was BNW, bought it as soon as I got to the U.S. I had no CD's so I felt it was a good oportunity to build a Metal collection... Little did I know I was getting one from a top metal act.

The first one I actually bought was a used LP copy of "Iron Maiden". The first one I bought new was "Fear Of The Dark".

I bought "take five for the prize of 4"
1. Edward the Great
2. Seventh Son..
3. Fear of the Dark
4. Piece of Mind
5. Killers

I bought No Prayer for the Dying around early 1991. This album did it for me even though it is regarded by many to be a poor album.

Yeah, me too! It's just trendy for some people to say that post-7th Son Maiden is not worth looking into. It's also "cool" to say that post-Seasons In The Abyss Slayer sucks and post-Covenant Morbid Angel degenerates. These preconceptions seem to blind a lot of people's judgement because they want to be seen as some cultured, important person.

It has been Virtual XI..because I began listening to heavy metal in 98 and I bought it when it came out.
Still a great album for me and it has the typical magic feeling of a first album you buy from a band

My first cd was not a cd but a DVD [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--] I bought the RIR-dvd after I had watched it at a friends house. It really got me into maiden.

the first album i got was edward the great and it was incredible it gave me a good idea of most of their different sounds and it really got me into them even more and ever since then i was buying every album i could get my hands on and now i have them all! MUAHAHAHAHAHA! im missing best of the beast and a few live albums though.... [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Killers
way way back in '81 [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I bought 3 at once: Iron Maiden,Piece of Mind, And Ed Hunter

Dance of Death, which means I'm probably one of the newest fans here. I got into Maiden somewhere between the releases of Brave New World and DoD.
Rest assured though that I now have all the studio albums and three live ones too (and all on a student's budget [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--] )

Back