What Was The First Maiden Album You Bought?

This poll has no options to pick from.

• Yes it does. Here's one.

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • That doesn't count. The options are supposed to be albums.

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • No fair, you didn't say that in the first place.

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • I didn't have to say it. It should be obvious.

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Well, you should speak more clearly.

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Adrian Smith

Votes: 37 77.1%

• Total voters
I borrowed A Real Dead One (it was only the first disc) about 11 yrs. ago. I fell in love with it. Then, a month later, I bought every Maiden thing I could find.

P.S. I saw Maiden at Ozzfest in Hartford, CT last night!

It was the damn great album Live at Donington! With the outstanding performance of Hallowed be thy name!
/edit:
@ National acrobat: I'm newer, I'm listening to Maiden since a year and a half or so, and I'm enjoying it big time! Went to Bospop 2005 on the 3d of July, just to see Maiden! Sound wasn't very good though, there was something else grat about that day: I totally fell in love with Dave Menniketti's Y&T!

Dance of Death, as it was just released as I got into Maiden.

fear of the dark was on special offer for £5 so I thought as an impulse i would buy that. it turned out to change my musical life.

well the first i bought was number of the beast since i listened to it at my friends house. it rocked!!! so next day i went and bought it

Powerslave for me, It was either that or NOTB and I really like Aces High and 2 minnutes to midnight.....and NOTB costed more

Fear of The Dark for me, I heard in my cousin`s house and then I bought The Number of The Beast and Killers.

I used to be a Queen fan, and like others bands like Van Halen, Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, Led Zeppelin etc, but some day my best friend bother me his walkman with a real live one, when I listened Afraid to shoot strangers was like some kind of drug Í couldn´t stop, the same day I went to the CD store looking for something of this amaizing new band for me and I chosse the fist one I saw "Piece of Mind"

[!--QuoteBegin-IcArUsxx7+Sep 24 2005, 09:26 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(IcArUsxx7 @ Sep 24 2005, 09:26 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I used to be a Queen fan, and like others bands like Van Halen, Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, Led Zeppelin etc...
[snapback]119242[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Used to be???

I hope your discovery of Iron Maiden didn't end your admiration of those other fine bands. Just because one listens to metal doesn't mean one has to listen to nothing but metal.

[!--QuoteBegin-SinisterMinisterX+Sep 24 2005, 09:33 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SinisterMinisterX @ Sep 24 2005, 09:33 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Used to be???

I hope your discovery of Iron Maiden didn't end your admiration of those other fine bands. Just because one listens to metal doesn't mean one has to listen to nothing but metal.
[snapback]119244[/snapback]​
[/quote]

No!! I´m Maiden Fan but I still Listening the rest of the bands, after I met maiden I discovered some great bands like, Haggard, Lacrimosa, Children of the bodom, Megadeth, Sepultura, Judas Priest, Dream Theather, Pink FLoyd, Rush, The Beatles etc...

Dance of death, becouse im pretty new fan since 2,5 years. But the first album i heard was edward the great [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--] so sorry MaidenColombia im younger

Mine was Fear of the dark. I'm a pretty new fan too, I have listened maiden like 7-8 months, but I have almost every album.( X-factor and virtual xl are only ones I don't have.)

[!--QuoteBegin-Clayman+Oct 5 2005, 06:34 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Clayman @ Oct 5 2005, 06:34 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I have almost every album.( X-factor and virtual xl are only ones I don't have.)
[snapback]119796[/snapback]​
[/quote]

You really should get them, they are two of the most underrated albums in the history of metal. They might not be up to the usual Maiden "extremely high standard" but are still powerful.

1. Edward The Great (A great way to start a Maiden collection)
2. Live After Death
3. Piece Of Mind
4. The Number Of The Beast
5. Somewhere In Time
6. Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
7. Dance Of Death
8. Iron Maiden
9. Death On The Road
10. Killers
11. The X Factor
12. Brave New World

[!--QuoteBegin-Liberation+Oct 11 2005, 04:07 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Liberation @ Oct 11 2005, 04:07 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]1. Edward The Great (A great way to start a Maiden collection)
2. Live After Death
3. Piece Of Mind
4. The Number Of The Beast
5. Somewhere In Time
6. Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
7. Dance Of Death
8. Iron Maiden
9. Death On The Road
10. Killers
[snapback]120140[/snapback]​
[/quote]

You really need Powerslave.

He needs all of them! [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Im almost there, bought Brave New World and The X Factor last week. Im gonna have one hell of a time getting my hands on Eddie's Archive and A Real Live/Dead One though...

Brave New World.

I'm a relativly new Maiden fan as you can see.

Pblic enemy nmbr 1- I'm younger than you. XP

Back