What kind of new release from Iron Maiden would you really, really want?

What kind of new release from Iron Maiden would you really, really want?

• Total voters
A new album would definitely be the very best.

We don't need a 1981 live with Paul since a full setlist version of Maiden Japan already exists. And unless there's a good recording of a 1986 show where Bruce wasn't sick and had to talk his way through Hallowed, I just don't see the point of a live release from that time. If there were to be another live release, I'd want it to be a show where Maiden did all of AMOLAD.

A new album would definitely be the very best.

We don't need a 1981 live with Paul since a full setlist version of Maiden Japan already exists. And unless there's a good recording of a 1986 show where Bruce wasn't sick and had to talk his way through Hallowed, I just don't see the point of a live release from that time. If there were to be another live release, I'd want it to be a show where Maiden did all of AMOLAD.

We don't need a AMOLAD show since a full setlist pro version already exists :)

If I wanted a 1986 show, trust me, it would not be because I wanted to hear HBTN. It would be for the songs only played on that tour with not even a live b-side ever surfacing.

There are some decent shows too. Not like he was any less consistent than on the previous tour. I think it’s more that those SIT songs just don’t sound good live. I’d like to hear official recordings though. Even as a bonus disc to a special edition of the album with only the SIT songs, the guitar duet, and maybe some oddities like Where Eagles Dare.

There are some decent shows too. Not like he was any less consistent than on the previous tour. I think it’s more that those SIT songs just don’t sound good live. I’d like to hear official recordings though. Even as a bonus disc to a special edition of the album with only the SIT songs, the guitar duet, and maybe some oddities like Where Eagles Dare.

I listened to the Bristol Colston Hall 1986 bootleg just yesterday actually. Pretty good sound (from a double vinyl master), but it plays a little faster than it should. I may mess with the speed one day ;)

This! Trim down some of the songs a tad and only have epic lengths for proper epic songs.
That would be great. I feel the length of songs on the recent albums has somewhat devalued the "epics" on them as the older "epics" were the centrepiece of their albums. Recently it feels like almost every song exceeds seven minutes and the centrepieces have been OTT in terms of length. Some more songs like 'Death or Glory', that tantalizing glimpse back to 80s Maiden.

If I wanted a 1986 show, trust me, it would not be because I wanted to hear HBTN. It would be for the songs only played on that tour with not even a live b-side ever surfacing.
AMOLAD doesn't have an official release though and there is at least 1 pro audio recording of a SIT show. It would be great to get a pro recorded release of a show from every tour. Rush did a release for every tour since Test For Echo and I sure didn't complain. Same with AC/DC since Razor's Edge.

I was pretty ambivalent on AMOLAD live (I mean, we have decent quality bootlegs + Download '07 + BTATS live at Abbey Road) considering it would likely just be a pro mix of Download, but then somebody pointed out it's very possible it could've been a 10 & 10 release, i.e. the 10 classics from Donington and the entirety of AMOLAD from a show on the 2006 leg. If they'd actually played five songs off of TNOTB then I'd really be interested, but even now I figure it'd be a pretty cool package to have.

SoT recordings are the holy grail though. I'm fairly certain there's enough decent quality video and audio from the shows to put together an official bootleg of sorts, but I'm not sure the Maiden camp has any interest in releasing something like that, unless maybe after they've retired. It's a shame considering how ridiculously over-the-top the live show was and what happened to the SiT songs after that tour.

But yeah, going with the consensus overall. Right now, I'd most definitely want a new album. New music is new music, and no amount of cleaned up bootlegs or mysteriously undocumented tours on video will change that.

I’ve asked this question before but never really got a proper answer other than “use google” but where does everyone get their bootlegs from?

I hear people discussing bootlegs all the time in a casual way like it’s just normal and easy to get these high quality live recordings yet when I’ve asked where they get them it all goes quiet. I take it no one wants to hold there hand up and say “yes I download them from xyz site”.

I’ve tried googling iron maiden bootlegs but can’t seem to find anything.

I’ve made my feelings clear on other threads about ripping music online but if a bootleg exists of a gig that hasn’t had an official live release surely this is cool to download. Never really explored bootlegs properly so wouldn’t know where to start.

It was a difficult decision but with the fact that Somewhere In Time is my favorite album I really hope they will release a live album from the Somewhere In Time album. Of course I also hope for a new album but I hope Dave Murray will write more songs. Unreleased material from the 1970s would also be awesome.

There are better sounding SiT era bootlegs than P3 gig. Guitars are too muddy. There is no power in the guitar mix - TROBB/LOL riffs sound small compared to some amateur recordings.

Would really love an 86 show the most although an 83 one would be something else too. Pretty confident about a new album so I'm prepared for that wait anyway. Can anyone point me in the direction of the full Maiden Japan show please?

Would really love an 86 show the most although an 83 one would be something else too. Pretty confident about a new album so I'm prepared for that wait anyway. Can anyone point me in the direction of the full Maiden Japan show please?

Try this :)

Just use the free "youtube downloader" or similar to download and rip the audio

Setlist:
00:00:15 Wrathchild
00:03:05 Purgatory
00:06:23 Sanctuary
00:10:21 Remember Tomorrow
00:15:41 Another Life
00:17:50 Drum Solo
00:20:48 Another Life
00:22:33 Genghis Khan
00:25:26 Killers
00:30:15 Innocent Exile
00:34:10 Twilight Zone
00:36:45 Strange World
00:42:02 Murders In the Rue Morgue
00:45:58 Phantom of the Opera
00:52:55 Iron Maiden
00:56:57 Running Free
01:00:00 Transylvania
01:03:29 Guitar Solo
01:05:43 Drifter
01:13:50 I've Got the Fire

I hope that we squeeze as much new music out of them as possible before they call it quits. A new album, perhaps a double one, since they've proven they can do it.

A full live album from the Blaze era option could have been on the poll.

Just to get this out: I'd like to see a 90's history DVD. Perhaps it would even be better for them to feel no obligation to go on tour with it and just put it in stores like that, so they can go all-out on the content without any concerns over how to translate it to a live show. It would great to have a re-issue of Live at Donington and Raising Hell, plus a decent coverage of the Blaze era and some unreleased footage from No Prayer on the Road. It would be fun to include the Listen With Nicko! tracks as a bonus.

Having said that, I doubt this will happen, as it seems that Maiden are giving up on DVDs, and this will only appeal to a niche market even within the Maiden fanbase.

I doubt it. History part 2 documentary was a great disappointment, personally. There was no new material. They've compiled SiT era from sources that were already available to us. Someone even did a bootleg compilation of all available SiT era footage, I was a bit down because I expected to see maybe a new interview there, but alas I've seen it all. Imagine the disappointment when History 2 featured only a subset of of the stuff from bootlegs...

If they had sub-par whole shows like "Beast on the road" it would be released on history DVDs. If they had a track or two of "unsurfaced" bootlegs it would be inserted somewhere in the documentary, as a transition video or background music. No, unfortunately I don't think that stuff exists. Same with every tour until DoD or such when they started recording every show.

Buenos Aires gig from 1998 was destined to be a VHS/DVD. Someone got a hold of master tapes and the analog copy of an analog copy got released as a pro bootleg, with severely degraded AV quality. If you had things like this from NPFTD era, then maybe. Cause its indicative that Maiden may have a original master somewhere. Simply put, recording a show, the oldschool analog way, was only done if you really intend to make a money off releasing it. So whole shows? Doubt it. Bits and bobs, maybe. However I'm also vary of any TV-sourced material being revealed, Maiden has been too big of a band for a long, long time, recordings would surface.

I've been in the bootleg circles enough to notice when in mid 2000s new Maiden boots stopped surfacing. Since then releases have been following the ongoing tours, and only 2 or 3 new audience boots of long past tours surfacing ever since. So I keep my wishes accordingly, pro Ed Hunter tour stuff and AMOLAD tour stuff.

And To Tame A Land. C'mon you have to have pro audio that can be remastered in the vault. Actually that's one of my realistic hopes too, that Maiden has a lot of soundboard feed tapes from the 1980s that'll get released in near future.

hi to all, new here glad to see you all.
o really would like to here Iron Maiden, Killers, The X Factor and Virtual XI sang by Bruce Dickinson

The board consensus is dubious songwriting here and there and generally awful production.

Back