What kind of new release from Iron Maiden would you really, really want?

What kind of new release from Iron Maiden would you really, really want?

• Total voters
My list of fantasy releases are:

First album remixed and remastered by Kevin Shirley
Live at the Rainbow (full concert)
Somewhere in Time Tour Live album and video
Donington '88 Live album and video
NPFTD Tour Live album and video
Donington '92 remastered in HD and remixed by Kevin Shirley
TXF and VIX remixed and remastered by Kevin Shirley
A Live video or album from a Blaze era tour
AMOLAD live album and video

My list of fantasy releases are:

First album remixed and remastered by Kevin Shirley
Live at the Rainbow (full concert)
Somewhere in Time Tour Live album and video
Donington '88 Live album and video
NPFTD Tour Live album and video
Donington '92 remastered in HD and remixed by Kevin Shirley
TXF and VIX remixed and remastered by Kevin Shirley
A Live video or album from a Blaze era tour
AMOLAD live album and video
Do you like Shirleys work?
+1 for SiT, I just want to witness it
Donnington 88 was one of my favorite performances, especially the evil that men do, footage does exists, mtv posted excerpts. With all the tragic events I can see why it wasn't released
For NPFTD all the albums songs were B Sides on FOTD singles, all from the same concert. The full concert is available at excellent quality, Sledgehammer is what you are looking for. Video proshots also do exist.
As for donnington 92, it wasnt ever released on DVD. Was it? Ive read something about the BBC version being better. Headbanger's ball video's look better cause they are in color
You may want to give the black vinyls pressed by chris belman a chance for these two. Its an interesting remaster
I too wanted Blaze footage, That Bulgaria 1995 video is of crazy quality so much so that it makes me wonder where it comes from.
Theres a better version of the stockholm 2006 bootleg than the more popular one, you can find it on guitars101

Giving you some alternatives considering most of these may not happen

Do you like Shirleys work?
He's a far more competent producer/mixer than Steve Harris that's for sure. I'd love to hear his take on Donington 92 and the Blaze albums.
+1 for SiT, I just want to witness it
Donnington 88 was one of my favorite performances, especially the evil that men do, footage does exists, mtv posted excerpts. With all the tragic events I can see why it wasn't released
I've seen a video on YouTube taken from a camcorder. I didn't know MTV covered it. They clearly shot the concert as they used footage on The Clairvoyant video.
For NPFTD all the albums songs were B Sides on FOTD singles, all from the same concert. The full concert is available at excellent quality, Sledgehammer is what you are looking for. Video proshots also do exist.
Thanks I didn't know that.
As for donnington 92, it wasnt ever released on DVD. Was it? Ive read something about the BBC version being better. Headbanger's ball video's look better cause they are in color
I've seen that Headbangers Ball video. Nah it was never released officially on DVD but the footage was shot on 35mm film so it could make a very good HD/4K transfer. However it'll be very expensive to do so it probably won't happen. We'll probably just get an upscaled release from the video master source (it was transferred to and edited on video to cut costs, like LAD).

I recently acquired a radio broadcast of the concert and I prefer the audio compared to Steve's mix.
I too wanted Blaze footage, That Bulgaria 1995 video is of crazy quality so much so that it makes me wonder where it comes from.
I think I've seen that one. It was for MTV right?

I would like to see Santiago '96, crowd was crazy on that venue (exluding sppiter). That footage on YT is from TV?

Overall I just want more live albums, I hope that at some point we will have all tours covered with live albums and some with live video album.

Ah, this thread has been surfacing. Why not to update my wishlist, then! ;) In addition to the AMOLAD anniversary release with live versions included and a lot of other live stuff, here's one... :p

IRON MAIDEN - To The Sunset in the West...
The unplugged sessions 2025

1.Revelations
2. Sun and Steel
3. Can I Play With Madness
4. The Writing on the Wall
5. Coming Home
6. The Prisoner
7. Afraid to Shoot Strangers
8. Tears of a Clown
9. Journeyman (re-recording)
10. Brave New World
11. Wasted Years

Not realistically expecting anything like this, but it would be quite interesting. But yeah, I'd be super happy to get a properly produced live releases from a couple of often mentioned. One that hasn't been brought up quite as much is Maiden England tour though. I know the set had a lot recycling from SBIT, but that tour was very, very important for me and witnessing them tackle Moonchild, The Prisoner and Seventh Son of a Seventh Son is still one of my most cherished Maiden memories. So yes, I'd really like to see a proper live album/video from that tour. Fortunately there's quite a lot of good recordings available on YouTube and such, but anyway. An official release would be a beautiful "souvenir" of sorts - even if a bit late. :p

Last edited:
I hope that at some point we will have all tours covered with live albums and some with live video album.
I don't think this was ever done by any band before, but who knows...

It would be epic. Although, I prefer a video release for all tours.:wub:

After they retire, they have plenty of options (for release) - live albums, demos, documentaries, videos, unreleased stuff etc.

I would really like to have thme all tune to drop D and let H do more of his badass riffs/songs in the way he did in AOB/CW albums.

Technically all those songs written by H and Bruce could have been Maiden songs in my book!

I would really like to have thme all tune to drop D and let H do more of his badass riffs/songs in the way he did in AOB/CW albums.

A fair chunk of those records is in standard tuning you know :)

A fair chunk of those records is in standard tuning you know :)
I think all of the songs co-written by H and Bruce are on drop D. I might be wrong though(maybe regarding Road to Hell)!

Last edited:
Back