What is the fourth Virtual Xi song in Brave New World?

Wouldn't mind hearing a Bruce sung and better produced version of Como Estais at all, however somehow I don't think even that could save Angel and the Gambler from feeling like it lasts forever :p

At least there was one. But when Steve heard it he decided that he didn't want to use it for the final product.
He wanted the "raw", unmastered mix.

Either the master got deleted, either Kevin Shirley (or someone else) still has it archived.

I remember a similar discussion happening along these lines in the past, and I thought that the general consensus was that "No More Lies" was the mystery song in question.

The Blaze Bayley guiarist Thomas Zwijsen once talked about this on his Facebook. The message disappeared from his profile awhile later. Apperently Blaze Bayley was a co-writer for the song.
734407_465687483501602_1454619298_n.png

Maybe I'm wrong, but I would bet that the music was written by Steve on his own, and the lyrics are way to personal to have been penned by anybody else. Maybe the guy just misunderstood something Blaze told him.

Well, it would be special nonetheless! Blaze doing a Maiden song from the era after his!
That's like Ozzy Osbourne doing Children of the Sea on a solo tour.

If they really do it, it's likely he had something to do with it.

Well, it would be special nonetheless! Blaze doing a Maiden song from the era after his!
That's like Ozzy Osbourne doing Children of the Sea on a solo tour.

If they really do it, it's likely he had something to do with it.

The only example I know would be Dave Evans from AC/DC who preformed/preforms songs from Highway to Hell.

I think Thomas was told to remove the update. He and Blaze rehearsed it for an upcoming tour back in 2012. They did not however preform it. Blaze commented that he was involved in writing one song for Brave New World and that he was compensated instead of receiving a writing credit.

Was Evans still in AC/DC when he did that? Because then that's less special imo. Bruce also performed material from NOTB with Maiden before it was released. Happens with more bands.

What is the deal with Maiden writing credits?
There seems to be multiple examples of songs that are not credited to the right people.
Yet there never seems to be any acrimony or whiff of cover-up attached to any of that.

Is it a control thing, where Rod and Steve like to pay non-members to keep their names off the credits in order to ensure they are exclusively "Maiden" songs to be used for "Maiden" purposes? Is it an ego thing?

Is it a control thing, where Rod and Steve like to pay non-members to keep their names off the credits in order to ensure they are exclusively "Maiden" songs to be used for "Maiden" purposes? Is it an ego thing?

I would say it's just business. I think the management makes the call on when to buy people out of songs. The first album actually had 3-4 songs written by former members of the band.

Was Evans still in AC/DC when he did that? Because then that's less special imo. Bruce also performed material from NOTB with Maiden before it was released. Happens with more bands.

He still preforms songs on solo tours that didn't feature him. Songs that were written and recorded after he left the band.

I would say it's just business. I think the management makes the call on when to buy people out of songs. The first album actually had 3-4 songs written by former members of the band.

Any insight as to why it is good business?

Do you mean the credits printed on the album covers, Mckindog? I've seen ones from other bands with incorrect lyrics, which always makes me think cock ups are a real possibility

I mean things like Blaze maybe co-writing Blood Brothers and not being credited with it.
Some others that are out there that may or may not be true
Thunderstick on Ides of March
The bits in Nomad and Hallowed that were nicked from another band.
Bruce's role in Children of the Damned, Run to Hills and/or the Prisoner.
A debate over whether Adrian was going to get a credit for Hooks In You
The early album stuff referred to above.
I think there may be one or two others I'm forgetting about.

I can see the Blaze credit looking out of place, yeah, if he was involved. Nicking stuff, if it is nicked rather than inspired by or just coincidence, can't really be credited without opening yourself up to legal claims, I guess! That would be easier to pass off as coincidence.
I'm sure I've read/seen an interview with Bruce or Steve where they made the point that Bruce had co-written material on NOTB, but because of some record company contractual obligation he couldn't be credited for it.

I can see the Blaze credit looking out of place, yeah, if he was involved. Nicking stuff, if it is nicked rather than inspired by or just coincidence, can't really be credited without opening yourself up to legal claims, I guess! That would be easier to pass off as coincidence.
I'm sure I've read/seen an interview with Bruce or Steve where they made the point that Bruce had co-written material on NOTB, but because of some record company contractual obligation he couldn't be credited for it.
The Nomad stuff is pretty hard to pass off as coincidence. There is a good thread on the topic on here somewhere that includes posts from a guy that played on the original.

Back