What guitar do you play?

A

Anonymous

I play a Cort guitar.
I can describe it as a "beginner guitar" i like it, a nice starter guitar.
Would be interesting to know what kind of guitar you guys play. :)

<An angel and a devil pop into existence on SMX's shoulders.>

Angel: Come on SMX, you're a moderator. You know you're supposed to move this to General Discussion, since it's a serious question - and then remind RW to re-create the old Musician's Discusssion forum.

Devil: No SMX, leave it here! Let's see what kind of silly answers appear, just because it's in the Madness forum.

Angel: Listen you red-skinned, horned, fork-tongued stupidhead, you stay out of this. SMX is a moderator, and has to do his duty.

Devil: "Stupidhead"? You angelic motherfuckers can't even curse right. Come on SMX, post some spam!

Angel: Don't do it, SMX! Be nice to the newbie!

Devil: Ah, come off it. You know SMX loves crushing the spirits of n00bs.

SMX: Both of you shut up. I'm moving it.

Devil: You wimp.

==========

I play a Fender Precision Bass.

SinisterMinisterX said:
<An angel and a devil pop into existence on SMX's shoulders.>

Angel: Come on SMX, you're a moderator. You know you're supposed to move this to General Discussion, since it's a serious question - and then remind RW to re-create the old Musician's Discusssion forum.

Devil: No SMX, leave it here! Let's see what kind of silly answers appear, just because it's in the Madness forum.

Angel: Listen you red-skinned, horned, fork-tongued stupidhead, you stay out of this. SMX is a moderator, and has to do his duty.

Devil: "Stupidhead"? You angelic motherfuckers can't even curse right. Come on SMX, post some spam!

Angel: Don't do it, SMX! Be nice to the newbie!

Devil: Ah, come off it. You know SMX loves crushing the spirits of n00bs.

SMX: Both of you shut up. I'm moving it.

Devil: You wimp.

==========

I play a Fender Precision Bass.

Haha :lol: For how long have you played and what kind of music you play?

I use a Jackson RR3, a lovely play, but it might take a bit of time to get used to the V shape, for some people anyway.

I play an Epiphone Explorer with a 75 watt Fender amp (well, I've been playing for a little over a year, so that'll do for now).

I've only just started, but I use a Squier Strat and a 15W Frontman Amp...brilliant for a beginner like myself.

And @SMX: :ok:

Would be nice if you guys could post some pictures :) (cant find a picture of mine  -_-)
I have a Line 6, 75 w amp a great amp with incredible sound :)
Raven said:
And @SMX: :ok:

Hmm is something going on that i dont understand??  <_<

Edit: By the way guys plz post pictures of your guitars!

Here comes mine:
big_105000.jpg

WOW? a lot of guitarists here !

well? I had an "Aria Pro II" some ages ago, but basically I used to be acoustic guitarist, and never I had a model that it's worth to mention here....I developped a style of mine though that surpassed the lack of wealthy instrument

I'm learning the luth now. Syrian-type luth.

luth =oud

Yax said:
Here comes mine:
big_105000.jpg

Thats a real nice guitar :)
What kind of music you play?
I play Maiden and ehrm....... Maiden  :)
____no5 said:
WOW? a lot of guitarists here !

well me I had an "Aria Pro II" some ages ago, but basically I used to be acoustic (poor) guitarist, and so, it's not worth to mention my acoustic models....I developped a -legendary- style of mine though that surpassed the lack of wealthy instrument

I'm learning the luth now. Syrian-type luth.

luth =oud

Thats cool. I suppose you play classical music then :p

Moonchild93 said:
What kind of music you play?
I play Maiden and ehrm....... Maiden  

I play Maiden, Priest, some of my own (quite bad) composions and perhaps some... Well that's about it at the moment.

:)

If i even try to make something own it end up very, VERY close to Maiden :p

Moonchild93 said:
For how long have you played and what kind of music you play?

I've been playing bass since late 1986 - in fact, I just realized that I must have very recently passed my 20th anniversary as a bassist. I've also played piano since 1980, drums since 1981 and guitar since 1985. However, bass is my primary instrument.

I play hard rock and classic metal. For example, my band has played many songs by the Beatles, Stones, Zep and AC/DC; my previous band played large amounts of Sabbath and Purple. Additionally, I have learned most basslines from Iron Maiden and Metallica. I would say that my two biggest influences are Geezer Butler and Steve Harris.

Edit: RW has graciously restored the Musician's Discussion forum. I'm moving this thread again.

Moonchild93 said:
Thats cool. I suppose you play classical music then :p

it has some rock elements and a lot of tradition elements, it sounds like indian music a bit faster...and no electricity at all !!!...but as I said it was my style of playing that made the difference. it was absolutelly recognisable, and I'm so proud of it (as you know, it's more difficulte to have recognisable sound as an acoustic guitarist)....but, it's been years that I don't play in this style, I don't play at all in deed....I pass my playing times with the oud now, it's more close to the kind of music I create

I've never played in a metal group, but I know it's a graet fun !!...do you play in a group?

SinisterMinisterX said:
I play hard rock and classic metal. For example, my band has played many songs by the Beatles, Stones, Zep and AC/DC; my previous band played large amounts of Sabbath and Purple.

Edit: RW has graciously restored the Musician's Discussion forum. I'm moving this thread again.

I don't remember to have played one electric cover in my life exept Paranoid, Stairway to heaven (including solos)

my fav acoustic cover is Evening over Rooftops, of Edgar Broughton Band

SinisterMinisterX said:

Wow thats great to hear :)

To ___no5: My friend is in a band and theyre pretty good. He and the bands drummer love hard rock/metal just like me so we play togheter sometimes, playing Ghost of the navigator at the moment :) So gonna start saving for a new guitar in a while and i like this one
Deluxe-Super-Strat.jpg
(NOTE: the left one) pretty cheap and i love fenders :) Think its good to play Maiden with? ;)

My first post here...

I play a Wolfgang Standard and an Epiphone Les Paul.

I record Maiden covers through a POD 2.0 and Garage Band.

I am looking forward to hearing covers from members of this forum.

____no5 said:
it's a real fender ?

have you ever played with a telecaster one ?

Yup its a real fender, came this year i think, part of the deluxe series. Its called Power Stratocaster accorded to the Fender 2006 catalogue.
Well i havent played telecaster nor Stratocaster with an amp but i prefer the feel of the strat :)

And to Canyonecarver, welcome aboard :D

Back