What Car do you drive?

Lord of Wolves 78

Educated Fool
Just curious what car you drive, what mpg you get if you could post some pictures as well. I drive a 2003 1.6 petrol VW Golf GT. Also she pssed the NCT (MOT) to you english late last month. I keep the inside of the car very clean and smells nice too. Although it may be a bit old, it's great to drive, smooth idling, looks good, has eight speakers and achieves about 55mpg on very long journeys. When I do go on long journeys I get up to 550 miles. The reason I think I get that amount of mileage is I got the piston rings completely replaced. Here are some pictures of her. I do have enough money to buy a very good second hand Toyota Auris hybrid, but at the moment I'm happy enough to hang onto this car for a while more.

Attachments

• 2003 VW Golf 10.jpg
    2003 VW Golf 10.jpg
    356.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 2003 VW Golf 11.jpg
    2003 VW Golf 11.jpg
    358.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 2003 VW Golf 12.jpg
    2003 VW Golf 12.jpg
    282.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 2003 VW Golf  7.jpg
    2003 VW Golf 7.jpg
    420.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 2003 VW Golf  8.jpg
    2003 VW Golf 8.jpg
    403.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 2003 VW Golf Interior 2.jpg
    2003 VW Golf Interior 2.jpg
    375.6 KB · Views: 11
Oh, my! The steering wheel has been placed on the wrong side!

I drive a dark blue 1999 VW Polo - old and worn-out, but has been an exemplary ride technically, meaning that I haven't had any problems with it whatsoever. Now I probably jinxed it, of course. I've had it for almost 3 years and it belonged to my granddad before that.

Oh, my! The steering wheel has been placed on the wrong side!

I drive a dark blue 1999 VW Polo - old and worn-out, but has been an exemplary ride technically, meaning that I haven't had any problems with it whatsoever. Now I probably jinxed it, of course. I've had it for almost 3 years and it belonged to my granddad before that.

Us europeans and asians have the steering wheel on the right, and we drive on the left of the road. I had a 1996 Polo when I first started to drive, it was a great little car for sure. I upgraded to the Golf or Rabbit as you americans call it. Considering it's from 2003 it is certainly not worn out, and still drives great and smooth. Most of the time I only need to fill up once every month and half or every two months. It's great on the gas and for example going 160 miles will only move the fuel gauge just under one notch. I did get about over 600 miles late this year on one tank of gas/fuel. However it does cost about €74 to fill her to the brim.

Us europeans and asians have the steering wheel on the right, and we drive on the left of the road.
Huh?

Europe drives on the right, like in North America, except for the UK/Ireland. In Asia, only India/Pakistan/Bangladesh and Japan drive on the left. Oh and Thailand apparently.

I don't drive a car. I'm a frequenter of public transport (lately I feel like I spend crazy amounts of time on buses, trams, trains).

Huh?

Europe drives on the right, like in North America, except for the UK/Ireland. In Asia, only India/Pakistan/Bangladesh and Japan drive on the left. Oh and Thailand apparently.

Sorry about that, I forgot that some europeans drive on the right, and countries like germany they have the steering wheel also on the right.

Sorry about that, I forgot that some europeans drive on the right, and countries like germany they have the steering wheel also on the right.
You mean "the vast majority of Europeans drive on the right, with Britons, Irish, Cypriots and Maltese as the exception", and German cars manufactured for German use, like the girlfriend's brother's Audi? Wheel's on the left, dude. They can manufacture right-hand drive cars for the British/Asian market, but ones sold in Germany are all on the right.

What? No! All of Europe, except for the UK (and Malta?) drive on the right, and the steering wheel is on the left.

Wrong, Germany has it's wheel on the left, like every other country in continental Europe. Being from Germany, I claim authority in this question.

I have an Toyota Avensis 2007 2.0 station wagon car. Very happy with it!

I’ve had a couple of Toyota Corolla and VW Passat before, the Passat ended up beig totally wrecked one day..

Back