What are your plans for your first Senjutsu "listening party"?

I’m in the final stages of writing a 40-page assessment and will have finished the editing and submitted the final draft by the 3rd, so personally the album release date works perfectly. To be free to direct all attention towards the music without stress will be a nice reward after quite a busy stretch.

We have been in lockdown here for the last two months with no end in sight for the moment so I’m looking forward to devoting the rest of lockdown (and beyond) to Senjutsu. My first listen will be the moment it’s available on iTunes…I will lie down in the dark with my eyes shut and enjoy through Sony WF-1000XM3 earbuds recently purchased for the new album. Second listen will follow immediately after, this time in my lounge room through stereo speakers. I’ll enjoy this play through with a beer or two while reading along to the lyrics (and looking at the artwork if my silver edition vinyl order has arrived in the mail). Will then no doubts jump into the forums here to catch the crazy banter and read the reviews.

Plans change of course if the album leaks before then. The assessment no longer matters, gets submitted as it is and I enter straight into Senjutsu-world.

Last edited:
My oldest son and my wife are not very happy (not that seriously though) about me wanting to hear it alone first. :)

Besides hearing it themselves a.s.a.p., they also want to see my reaction.

They can have that the 2nd time I hear it then.

I’m in the final stages of writing a 40-page assessment and will have finished the editing and submitted the final draft by the 3rd, so personally the album release date works perfectly. To be free to direct all attention towards the music without stress will be a nice reward after quite a busy stretch.

We have been in lockdown here for the last two months with no end in sight for the moment so I’m looking forward to devoting the rest of lockdown (and beyond) to Senjutsu. My first listen will be the moment it’s available on iTunes…I will lie down in the dark with my eyes shut and enjoy through Sony WF-1000XM3 earbuds recently purchased for the new album. Second listen will follow immediately after, this time in my lounge room through stereo speakers. I’ll enjoy this play through with a beer or two while reading along to the lyrics (and looking at the artwork if my silver edition vinyl order has arrived in the mail). Will then no doubts jump into the forums here to catch the crazy banter and read the reviews.

Plans change of course if the album leaks before then. The assessment no longer matters, gets submitted as it is and I enter straight into Senjutsu-world.
I hope the pleasure will be at least as extreme as the Australian lockdown @The Mid-Distance Runner !

Father's day in my country is Sept 5th.

If I can manage to control myself, I am hoping to listen to this album as a father's day gift with some bacon, sausages, hash browns and hot chocolate that my kids have made for me and hopefully at least one of my kids will stick around to listen to a song or two with me.

It depends the person. I did listen to the songs and I don't plan to skip them, let alone change the order on the first listen.
Good. I think I would never skip them either, but hearing both songs in advance would certainly make the first session less exciting for me.
Travis changes his plan in order to make it 100% exciting again.

You mean you didn't listen to TWotW yet?
I heard it, but rather not anything else yet. Like hearing one single and then the album. Come to think of it, did Maiden release (stream or download) no less than 3 songs for the Brave New World album? I think I heard them all before hearing the album. I do not remember a lot of discontent afterwards, but nowadays Maiden albums are very rare, so I try to be "careful" now.

Hmm for Brave New World I only remember 1 song, 2 for Dance of Death and a whopping 3 for AMOLAD.
Congratulations that you held yourself for Stratego, I only lasted 2 days (seemed like 2 weeks).

My day on the 3rd of september ? I think I'll have a coffee and a breakfast before driving 30 kms to the record store and then get "my precious". After that, I'll do some shopping at the local market and drive back to home around midday. Then, the lunch. Some working on my other bands reviews. The dinner. And after that, the listening session with and without headphones. Then I'll connect on this forum and give my humble opinion about 'Senjutsu'. :)

Looks like I'm going to have the album on the 2nd of September. Record stores in Leiden, Tilburg and Sittard are going to do a listening session and sell all the formats.

I'm not going for that listening session. I'll go to Leiden, buy the album as quickly as possible, while trying to ignore the music, go back to my car.
Play it either there on the way home, either drive without playing any of it and do the original plan. But one day earlier. :shred:

Thanks. It won't too soon, but I start to accept that it is what it is -no need to worry for something I can't change. I have a week to figure out of an inspiring alternative way for my listening party.

What about you @TheMercenary ? Do you have a plan for next Friday?

Thanks. It won't too soon, but I start to accept that it is what it is -no need to worry for something I can't change. I have a week to figure out of an inspiring alternative way for my listening party.

What about you @TheMercenary ? Do you have a plan for next Friday?
My day on the 3rd of september ? I think I'll have a coffee and a breakfast before driving 30 kms to the record store and then get "my precious". After that, I'll do some shopping at the local market and drive back to home around midday. Then, the lunch. Some working on my other bands reviews. The dinner. And after that, the listening session with and without headphones. Then I'll connect on this forum and give my humble opinion about 'Senjutsu'. :)

Back