What are your plans for your first Senjutsu "listening party"?

Here is my planned listening order. It breaks up the big epics but also begins and ends with the right songs.

1. Senjutsu (Smith/Harris) 8:20
4. Lost In A Lost World (Harris) 9:31
5. Days Of Future Past (Smith/Dickinson) 4:03
8. Death Of The Celts (Harris) 10:20
6. The Time Machine (Gers/Harris) 7:09
9. The Parchment (Harris) 12:39
7. Darkest Hour (Smith/Dickinson) 7:20
10. Hell On Earth (Harris) 11:19

My listening experience will be complex.

I will first have a run thru of the album, in original song order. This is where the real work begins.

1. I will need to remix the album due to the anticipated bad sound. This requires complex EQ-ing and rebalancing the songs.
2. Stratego and TWOTW already sounds slow, so I will need to increase the speed to at least x1.25, but maybe at certain spots to x1.5 even!
3. The Steve epics will require some trimming for sure. I will cut the slow intros first.
4. I will cut some of the solos, particularly Janick solos.
5. I will cut the repetitive choruses, leaving just 2 or maybe 3 lines, at most!
6. Once it's completed, of course, my work is not finished! I will need to rearrange the album, as the intended song order is of course, not good.
7. By this time, I will probably realize that one or two songs should have been left from the album altogether, so I just delete them. They should have been left as bonus songs, then the album would have been a good 9 out of 10 in the first place!
8. The work is still not finished! There are rhythm and speed problems within each songs too, so I will need to correct them too!

A new Maiden album is such an experience but it is worth it!

:)

OK, in reality, I just listen to the entire thing as is ;)

I will first have a run thru of the album, in original song order. This is where the real work begins.

1. I will need to remix the album due to the anticipated bad sound. This requires complex EQ-ing and rebalancing the songs.
2. Stratego and TWOTW already sounds slow, so I will need to increase the speed to at least x1.25, but maybe at certain spots to x1.5 even!
3. The Steve epics will require some trimming for sure. I will cut the slow intros first.
5. I will cut the repetitive choruses, leaving just 2 or maybe 3 lines, at most!
6. Once it's completed, of course, my work is not finished! I will need to rearrange the album, as the intended song order is of course, not good.
7. By this time, I will probably realize that one or two songs should have been left from the album altogether, so I just delete them. They should have been left as bonus songs, then the album would have been a good 9 out of 10 in the first place!
8. The work is still not finished! There are rhythm and speed problems within each songs too, so I will need to correct them too!

I almost got fooled :lol:

2. Stratego and TWOTW already sounds slow, so I will need to increase the speed --

Don't know if it tells something about the level of weird-but-actually-serious stuff I've come across previously or just about myself, but I almost totally bought it to that point. :D

Just great!

Last edited:

I kind of fell for it as well.

After work (in the afternoon) I unpack the CD and look at the booklet. At this point I don't listen to the album yet, but let the tension build a little. Then after dinner, when the day's work is done, I dim the lights, lie down on the couch, open a good wine, put in the CD, pick up the booklet and let the journey begin. After the first CD, I pause for a moment. Then I put in the second one. After the first complete run-through, I go into myself and review everything again. Maybe I select one or two songs again directly. Then I look on the internet to see what other fans think about it and maybe discuss it a bit in the forum. The next day I do the same thing again with headphones.

Tips for the future - you can use Google Lens app to translate text on pictures etc. All you need to do is to download picture to your phone. :)

I'm in a recording studio all weekend from 10am-11pm from the 3rd to the 5th. So I will be able to listen to it here and there throughout the days, but I won't be able to sit down and enjoy it uninterrupted until Monday 6th I expect :(

Well I have never been able to receive my cds on the day of release. Shipping always took weeks. So streaming services will have to do until amazon finally delivers :-/

I went to the record shop in my hometown today. I mean "record shop" literally - they exclusively sell vinyl records.
Was very pleased to discover that since I had last visited they have moved to a much bigger premises. I haven't seen a shop like it in years! I asked if they were getting the new Iron Maiden album in on release day and they said yes. I cancelled the pre-order I made on Amazon the day pre-orders went live, and told them I'd be in to buy it when they opened next Friday.
The plan is to get up early, go to the shop, buy the album, come home, stick it on the hi-fi, and listen to it from beginning to end. I'll then lsiten to it again in the evening or afternoon with my brother and some Troopers.

I went to the record shop in my hometown today. I mean "record shop" literally - they exclusively sell vinyl records.
Was very pleased to discover that since I had last visited they have moved to a much bigger premises. I haven't seen a shop like it in years! I asked if they were getting the new Iron Maiden album in on release day and they said yes. I cancelled the pre-order I made on Amazon the day pre-orders went live, and told them I'd be in to buy it when they opened next Friday.
The plan is to get up early, go to the shop, buy the album, come home, stick it on the hi-fi, and listen to it from beginning to end. I'll then lsiten to it again in the evening or afternoon with my brother and some Troopers.
Sounds great. Unfortunately, my friends and family don't listen to Maiden. It would be nice to have a listening party with friends or family.

It's always a ritual. I vividly remember my first listens of every single and every album that came out after I became a fan and I think that first impressions are quite crucial. Circumstances and mindset can influence that initial reaction, so I really hope not to have a bad day on the 3rd or 4th (because I will probably wait until Saturday). Fingers crossed for good weather and peace of mind, so I could just relax in my backyard and listen to the album on headphones.

Oh, and I'm sure I'll listen to it on Spotify with the physical release in my hand to enjoy the artwork and read the lyrics.

Back