What are your plans for your first Senjutsu "listening party"?

If you're listening to a leak you're intentionally stealing from the band.
…unless you’ve already pre-ordered the album, in which case you’ve “stolen” nothing.

Unless you're actually paying for their music then you've got no right to call yourself a Maiden fan.
So are Spotify-only listeners not real fans then, since the streaming revenue is a pittance compared to record sales?

No skin off my nose, I still buy CDs and rip them. But it sounds like the millennials and zoomers may be due for excommunication if we follow your rule…

Personally, it looks like I’m going to have an unexpected afternoon off on Sep. 3, and if Amazon’s not lying to me, my 2CD book should show up during the day.

I will rip them to my phone (320kbps insane, separated stereo — I’m not a barbarian!), then depending on my wife’s meeting schedule I will either blast it from my stereo or listen on headphones. But the real test will be the next time I need to drive somewhere reasonably far away, as metal often sounds best when you’re flooring the gas with a nice car stereo.

I plan to slowly digest it over a full day. I have heard The Writing on the Wall a few times. I plan to listen to Senjutsu several times and then move on. Once I have adequately heard each song, I will imbibe the full album. I have never done this before, but I figure it may be a while before there is any more Maiden, so why rush?

After work, with beer and headphones. But I will probably also listen to leak if quality will be ok. I have preorders so band have my money for more that one copy already.

After work, with beer and headphones. But I will probably also listen to leak if quality will be ok. I have preorders so band have my money for more that one copy already.
I think it is a given that we have all pre-ordered the album. The obsession with maiden in this forum is next level

It's been more than 20 years since the Napster days with low quality 128kbps mp3. For many years now, leaks are at least 320kbps, as well as lossless FLAC, and even hi res 24/96.

in fact the difference between 128 and 320 is only picked up by very well trained ears focused precisely on finding the difference.

At this point, I'm trying avoid hearing anything other than The Writing on the Wall until September 3rd. I plan on getting up around midnight for my first run through of the album, there's no way I'll be able to wait any longer than that.

My CD and Vinyl will probably show up sometime during the day on Friday, and when they do I plan a booklet in hand run through even though it'll probably be the 3rd or 4th listen at that point.

No skin off my nose, I still buy CDs and rip them. But it sounds like the millennials and zoomers may be due for excommunication if we follow your rule…
Born in '81 so I'm technically a millennial. I'm from the last gen who grew up with the concept of buying and owning music. Zoomers grew up in a world where all music was free and easy to acquire online and therefore place little real value on it and expect it all to be made free and available to them. Hence why some people see no issue with pirating.

I will sit on my chair, grab a beer and reviewing template I made (in attachments), grab a pencil and be reviewing the songs, not sure if will be listening from Senjutsu to Hell on Earth or randomly skipping

you can use my template! You are welcome!

Attachments

• SENJUTSU 3 September 2021.pdf
    128.1 KB · Views: 24
This will be my first maiden album since i started buying vinyl

i am unsure whether to listen through Spotify first to save any immersion-breaking flipping of disks on my first listen.

for TBOS i sat in a dark room with my headphones on, think i used the CD for that as I still had a disk drive

for TBOS i sat in a dark room with my headphones on, think i used the CD for that as I still had a disk drive

Whatever one thinks about TBOS song material in general, I think most fans agree that hearing those first minutes of the opening track were, even in Maiden standards, quite jaw-dropping.

My pre-order didn't arrive on the release day and I was actually on a walk (yeah, around midnight...) and when the album became available in Google Play Music I immediately started listening it with the headphones while walking in the dark.

If Eternity Should Fail.

That was... that was something else.

I remember being totally impressed by it. In a way, it was a statement. Maiden is still going strong. Their new music kicks ass.

I really liked TFF from the start as well, but IESF immediately set the bar a bit higher. Those first minutes... wow. Of course, I've become a bit more critical towards the album itself over the years, but that opening is definitely very, very strong and miles ahead the previous album openers.

I definitely prefer to listen to new music in my headphones. However, my headphones are very cheap, so I want to invest in some which are suited for heavy metal and rock in general, but I have no clue what to buy. Can anyone please recommend me a good pair at a decent price?

I definitely prefer to listen to new music in my headphones. However, my headphones are very cheap, so I want to invest in some which are suited for heavy metal and rock in general, but I have no clue what to buy. Can anyone please recommend me a good pair at a decent price?
I use Sony WH-1000XM3. Can't go wrong with Bose Quiet Comfort 35 II or Sony

If you're listening to a leak you're intentionally stealing from the band. Unless you're actually paying for their music then you've got no right to call yourself a Maiden fan.

You can be a fan without paying, i.e., Picasso fan.

Back