What are you currently liking in between TFF listens?

lcarus

Prowler
Since most everyone is listening to TFF the most right now, just curious what older Maiden you keep going back to.  It always changes for me.  Some weeks I like Somewhere In Time, some weeks I like Killers.  Or maybe you are stuck on particular songs.  Right now I'm stuck on SSOASS (the song mainly) and Sign of the Cross (never gave Blaze albums a real chance and this song is epic).  Also, Afraid to Shoot Strangers is on my playlist quite often.

After listening 3 times in a row TFF, I decided to give SSOASS another chance today..and I finally fell in love lol.
Don't know why but I never got fascinated with the cd, I always thought there were some great songs in there (The Evil That Man Do, Moonchild and SS),but after listening to it this time..well the album is really good!

And because i'm so happy I'll give another chance to Virtual XI lol, maybe it finally grows on me.

Onun said:
After listening 3 times in a row TFF, I decided to give SSOASS another chance today..and I finally fell in love lol.
Don't know why but I never got fascinated with the cd, I always thought there were some great songs in there (The Evil That Man Do, Moonchild and SS),but after listening to it this time..well the album is really good!

And because i'm so happy I'll give another chance to Virtual XI lol, maybe it finally grows on me.

Yeah at first I liked the first 4 songs of SSOASS better than the last 4.  Now its totally the opposite.  As far as Virtual XI, it's definitely Maiden's weakest album in my opinion, but there's still a couple good ones.  Futureal and The Clansman are alright.  I pretty much HATE The Angel and The Gambler.  Just rubs me the wrong way.

Brave new world. Off TFF - Coming Home right now for me. But I just got it yesterday, I'm sure that will change.  :edmetal:

AMOLAD, Brave New World. AMOLAD mostly because I'm trying to find some sort of link to TFF and Brave New World because of the tour.

lcarus said:
Yeah at first I liked the first 4 songs of SSOASS better than the last 4.  Now its totally the opposite.  As far as Virtual XI, it's definitely Maiden's weakest album in my opinion, but there's still a couple good ones.  Futureal and The Clansman are alright.  I pretty much HATE The Angel and The Gambler.  Just rubs me the wrong way.

Yeah Virtual XI is as well still their weakest album to me, but The Clansman is a great tune so I'll give it another chance. Como estais Amigos is a cute song, but the remaining songs were pretty boring to my ears, at least the last time I heard it, specially The Angel and The Gambler.

TFF is going to be it for Maiden with me for a long while.  Love the new album, need to fully "live" it now with spins for a good month or so. 

The Angel and the Gambler is a great, great song to drive to. Sorry, something about the guitar in that track makes me floor it. I really don't notice the repetitive choruses. The Educated Fool is a really really neat song too. I like Virtual XI, as I have said a thousand times, I prefer it to several other albums. However, I understand why people don't like it. The tracks are good, though. Especially The Clansman.

Before TFF was released i was listening to post-reunion Maiden non-stop. Now between TFF listening sessions (and on my i-pod) i am listening.....the 2 Di'anno era Maiden albums ! :bigsmile:

Honestly, I'm most likely to pull out my top 20 songs, spread throughout Maiden, with special emphasis on the greatest of all Iron Maiden songs - Paschendale.

When I don't listen to TFF, at the moment I give other music a spin. There was a new album by Prince recently released, so that still gets some playtime when my metal appetite has been satisfied for the moment.

I usually don't listen to as much Maiden anymore as I did years ago when I discovered them. It was one year non-stop Maiden with little in between, but then it dropped back to "more or less regular" listens of all the albums I knew, and discovering the last few I still missed. Since then, a good Maiden tune or album every once in a while is good enough for me. BUT! Maiden are still my favourite metal band, and among the very finest bands I know. Which is why TFF is my new holy grail or music currently.

Today I'm listening to an 10 hours mp3 compilation with all kinds of music that I made for 2008's St. Valentine's Day.

I've noticed that since BNW, the period of time I'm listening to a new album really intensively is decreasing with every new release.
In Brave New World was almost 6 months, DOD 2 -3 months, AMOLAD 1 month and now 2 weeks.

What do you mean by "between TFF listens"?  Properly breaking in a new Maiden album requires exclusive listening for 1-3 weeks (depending on how good the album is) :D

I've heard it approximately 20 times since Tuesday and it gets better with each listen, with the exception of "Coming Home", which I removed from the playlist this morning.

My time will be spent listening to the five CDs I purchased at the same time as TFF.
1. AC/DC -- Black Ice (never listened to it before except the 'Roll n Roll Train' single)
2. Faith No More -- The Real Thing (had a d/l copy, now it was time for the real thing)
3. Motorhead -- Ace of Spades (great listen in my car today)
4. Deep Purple -- Rapture of the Deep (2 CDS, never heard it before except for the title track)
5. Skid Row -- Slave to the Grind (didn't arrive yet, but like #2 above I had the not-so legal version before)
Natalie said:
AMOLAD, Brave New World. AMOLAD mostly because I'm trying to find some sort of link to TFF and Brave New World because of the tour.

Any luck finding a link?

I've been listening to "Fear Of The Dark" and "The X- Factor" albums recently, as well as the amazing "The Final Frontier".

I've found myself listening to the longer/proggier tracks of the awesome Maiden repetoire - both classic and since BNW :

Revelations
To Tame A Land
Powerslave
Rime of The Ancient Mariner
Caught Somewhere in Time
Alexander The Great
Infinite Dreams
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
Dance of Death
Paschendale
For the Greater Good of God
The Legacy

But also can't help myself from playing Starblind over and over and over ....etc.....

I've been listening to POM alot lately. I also tried Virtual for the first time and loved it! Only one song I don't like and its not hard to guess :lol: I really dig lightning strikes and the educated fool is good too. The album's weak point is that it is way to short. I start to get into it and it ends. I like it a ton more than FOTD(hate it) and after a few listens I might say I like it more than SIT(my least favorite golden era album

I am finding it very hard to stop listening to TFF... old Maiden material almost seems "foreign" to my ears now!  Ironic.

Anyway, I have managed to get in a listen of AMOLAD, a portion of Dance of Death, some TXF, VXI, and the first record.  I have not returned to "The Golden Age" for a while... maybe that's what I'll do next week.

Back